3 beneficial (and safe) complementary therapies for kids
- Meditation - to help kids and teens calm their minds, face emotional challenges and improve their self-esteem. These tips can get you started, giving advice on which meditation techniques can be particularly beneficial for children aged five to eight, nine to 12, and older than 13.
- Yoga - bringing together movement and breathing techniques to promote better physical and mental well-being, yoga can help improve strength and flexibility while reducing stress levels. Seen as a calming form of exercise for many, yoga can be a good way to introduce relaxation and mindfulness into children and teen’s routines.
- Amethyst - a calming crystal that can prevent nightmares and help children sleep better when placed near their bed or beneath their pillow.
- Rose quartz - providing a gentle, loving energy, rose quartz can help soothe children’s emotions and help them to overcome hurt when carried around in their pocket, a bracelet or as a pendant.
- Sodalite - can help children remain calm and aid them in thinking more clearly. Sodalite can be useful when placed nearby while doing homework or going to school.
Find an aromatherapist
All therapists are verified professionals.