Suse Moebius BSc (hons) RSHom
COVID-19 & lockdown: ZOOM consultations replace face-to-face appointments
Homeopathy treatment and the way I practice are otherwise unchanged. Getting remedies to you may take longer, due to external factors.
Anxiety, stress or sleeping problems are just some of the many effects of life in lockdown that can be relieved by homeopathic treatment.
My small contribution to the bigger picture:
- free advice on any acute flu-like symptoms that arise during the current pandemic -
In practice for 20 years, I am a member of the Society of Homeopaths (SoH). After a health- and life-changing experience with homeopathic treatment, I initially studied at Purton House School and later completed a University of Westminster honours degree in homeopathy.
Supporting patients in gaining best possible health outcomes and helping them make choices that are right for them is central to my work. You, the patient, are an active participant in your care. Like most homeopaths I am not an MD and will not provide diagnosis or medical tests; I refer patients back to their main healthcare provider for this.
Homeopathic treatment is universal:
- suitable for most health issues
- complementary to mainstream medical treatment
Homeopathic treatment and homeopathic medicines are safe to use:
- for babies and children
- in pregnancy
- for the elderly, including end-of-life care
- to accompany hormonal change-of-life phases
- supporting sports people at all levels
- to support the busy, high-stress daily life many of us have to manage
I work with people in all these life stages and situations.
In the UK, homeopathy is commonly used:
- to support difficult-to-treat medical conditions alongside standard medical care
- for emotional support - e.g. where anxiety or depression medications are not indicated or not wanted
- to help limit side effects of medications
- to help reduce medication intake: typically in minor health conditions
- as a lifestyle decision: complementing other healthy life choices
Working with people in this way I find helps support and improve health in acute and chronic situations.
Information on patient satisfaction and benefits of homeopathic treatment can be found e.g. here and here.
Homeopaths can and do treat serious and severe illness, not always just as a 'complementary' function of medical care. In the UK this is not so well-known, but worldwide homeopathy is widely seen as one discipline within normal medical provision. In countries as varied as Germany and France, Brazil and India, homeopathy is part of everyday care in many GP practices and hospitals.
Training, qualifications & experience
2000 graduated from Purton House School of Homeopathy (SoH-regulated college)
2008 BSc (hons) Homeopathy - University of Westminster
2000 - current - ongoing, rolling programme of Continued Professional Development (CPD):
- workshops on case management with a focus on Classical Homeopathy
- workshops on the science of homeopathy, keeping abreast with research
- member of several Society of Homeopaths committees (Research, Public Affairs, Board)
- range of other relevant workshops including clinical, cross-disciplinary etc
I undertake regular clinical supervision with a trained, registered supervisor.
The Society of Homeopaths
The Society of homeopaths is an organisation which represents homeopaths in Europe. All members are bound by the society's Code of Ethics and Practice and carry full public liability and indemnity insurance.
All registered members are also responsible for continuing to acquire new theory and practice by participating in Continuing Professional Development.
- all standard homeopathic remedies
- free telephone calls between consultations for any acute conditions and case feedback
- free parking
- free aftercare and acute prescriptions by phone up to one year after last previous face-to-face appointment
Consultations are up to 2 hours for both initial and follow up appointments, depending on your particular, individual needs.
For those who have less time: it is possible to condense the case taking into a tighter format without loss of quality. Please mention this when booking the appointment.
After the consultation, I will normally conduct an in-depth case analysis before making a homeopathic prescription.
Standard costs: £95 for initial consultation, £85 for follow-ups.
(discounts available, especially for families, and depending on individual circumstances).
Fully insured and registered with the Society of Homeopaths.
- Director of the Society of Homeopaths, also a member of the Society's Research Committee
- Attending the Parliamentary Group for Integrated Health
- Attending the Integrated Healthcare Collaborative
- Attending the 4Homeopathy group (https://homeopathy-soh.org/about-us/4homeopathy/)
- Fundraising for the Homeopathy Research Institute