Find out how Reiki treatment could benefit your well-being.
Reiki (pronounced rey-ki) is an energy healing technique that transfers universal life energy through practitioner's hands to heal and relax both body and mind.
Some people chose to go to Reiki to help with a specific ailment, while others choose to undertake regular sessions to restore balance and keep stress at bay.
To find out why you should consider Reiki as a complementary therapy - take a look at our 10 reasons to try Reiki:
1. Reduces stress
- Encouraging relaxation and serenity, Reiki triggers the body's natural healing abilities and aids sleep.
2. Encourages spiritual growth
- Reiki offers you the time and space to develop yourself in a spiritual environment.
3. Balances emotions
- Regular Reiki treatments can bring about a calmer and more peaceful state of being.
4. Offers relief during emotional distress
- Helping mental traumas as well as physical ones, Reiki cleanses the emotions to offer greater perspective.
5. Can help ease pain
- Many people say the treatment helps to reduce pain from a variety of conditions, including migraine, arthritis and sciatica.
6. Speeds up the healing process
- Reiki is thought to help those recovering from long-term illness or surgery, helping to aid other medicinal treatments.
7. Can work as a preventative
- Even if you have no immediate health concerns, attending Reiki sessions can help to keep you balanced and potentially prevent future illness.
8. Doesn't interfere with other treatments
- Reiki will not interfere with other medical treatments, making it safe to use alongside other healing methods.
9. Removes energy blocks
- Helping energy to flow freely within the body, Reiki promotes wellness and alertness.
10. Gives you time to yourself
- With hectic schedules and fast-paced living, finding time to spend on yourself can be hard; attending Reiki sessions allows you to focus on your own well-being for the duration of your treatment.
To find out more about Reiki and to find a practitioner in your area, please visit our Reiki fact-sheet.
View and comment on the original Manitou Wellness article.
Share this article with a friend