Private consultations with a fully qualified medical herbalist. Varsha has over 30 years of experience in the complementary medicine industry and she is a Member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (NIMH). Her practice is unique in that she uses both traditional and scientifically backed herbal preparations from Western, Chinese and Ayurvedic cultures. Varsha always considers herb-drug interactions and is happy to liaise with your GP as your safety is paramount. For this reason, Varsha only uses reputable herbal suppliers and she values good quality herbs.
Varsha's experience of running a health store and training staff, means her knowledge of other therapies, vitamins and minerals, homeopathy, aromatherapy/essential oils and nutritional requirements allows her to give you a truly holistic treatment plan.
After taking a full medical history, examination, blood pressure and pulse, Varsha will prepare a bespoke herbal treatment or remedies for you which may include tinctures, extracts, teas, capsules, aromatherapy essential oils, infused oils or creams. She will advise you on diet and lifestyle adjustments to help you reach your goals towards good health along with follow up support.
GPs can refer patients to Varsha, in the knowledge that she is qualified, insured and professional.
Video and telephone consultations are also available in certain circumstances at the discretion of the herbalist.
Sometimes known as a consulting medical herbalist, clinical herbalist, herbal practitioner or herbalist.
Training, qualifications & experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences: Herbal Medicine
Health store manager for over 10 years
Mentoring since 2015
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanaspati-herbs-ba97b491/
Founder of Harrow Health Matters: https://www.facebook.com/groups/469025856777412/
I have worked with people of all ages, men, women, children and babies to support and guide with chronic health concerns. The types of conditions that people come to me with are
- Nervous system: stress, anxiety, worry, depression, insomnia and other sleep disorders, headaches, migraines
- Skin/hair/nail problems: eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, ringworm, urticaria, heat rash, alopecia (hair loss), athletes foot, verrucas
- Urinary problems: Incontinence, cystitis, interstitial cystitis, urinary/kidney stones
- Digestive Issues: Constipation, Candida overgrowth, SIBO, diarrhoea, colitis, Crohn's disease, diverticulitis, IBD's, Ulcers, hyperacidity, Helicobacter pylori infection (H. pylori)
- Circulatory problems: hypertension, angina, Raynaud's Syndrome, varicose veins/ulcers
- Respiratory health: Sinusitis, asthma, COPD, smoking cessation
- Muscle & Joint problems: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, tendinitis, fractures, polymyalgia rheumatica, sprains, muscle tension
- Dental/mouth problems: Gingivitis, mouth ulcers, taste disorders,
- Infections: colds, influenza, athletes foot, verrucas, warts, chest infections
- Women's Health: PCOS, infertility, premature ovarian failure, PMT, menopausal hot flushes, osteoporosis, cervical dysplasia, breast health, postnatal depression, breastfeeding/lactation support.
- Men's health: prostate, male infertility.
- Energy: Chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, Myalgic encephalomyelitis (M.E.)
- And so much more
The National Institute of Medical Herbalists
The National Institute of Medical Herbalists (NIMH) is the UK's leading professional body representing herbal practitioners. The Institute is self-regulating and is run on a voluntary basis. The Institute maintains a register of individual members, sets the profession's educational standards and runs an accreditation system for training establishments, maintains mandatory programmes of professional development, provides codes of conduct, ethics and practice, has a complaints mechanism and disciplinary procedures, represents the profession, patients and the public through participation in external processes such as regulation of the profession and herbal medicine.
Other available therapies
Patients consult me from the following areas:
- Stanmore, Middlesex
- Harrow, Middlesex
- Pinner, Middlesex
- Northwood, Middlesex
- Rayners Lane, Middlesex
- Central London
- Greater London
- Bushey, Hertfordshire
- Brent Cross
- Burnt Oak
- Hatch End
- Golders Green
- Preston Road
- Seven Kings
I can advise patients of other suitable therapies and make recommendations to:
- Massage therapy
- Bowen Therapy
- Chakra Healing
- Yoga Therapy
- Iyengar Yoga
- Alexander technique
- Allergy testing
- Health stores
- Himalayan Salt Lamps
- Craniosacral Therapists
- Baby Massage
- Fitness Training
- Shamanic Healing
- Past Life Regression
- Access Bars
- Green Beauty & Lifestyle
- Occupational Therapist
Supplements available at discounted rates.
- Initial consultation: £130 (60-90 minutes plus 2 weeks worth of herbs).
- Follow-up consultations: £130 (30-60 minutes plus 4 weeks worth of herbs).
- Genetic testing for chronic insomnia plus analysis and recommendations: Price on application
- Biochemical and stool testing service: Price on application
- Blood reports interpretation: £25
- Herb Walks: Price on application
- Talks on a variety of health topics: Corporate £130, Concessions for Charities and Community Groups
Weekdays, Evenings and Weekends
AVAILABLE FOR TALKS, HERB WALKS, WORKSHOPS
Are you looking for speakers on interesting subjects, health issues, natural medicine or education in herbal medicine? I am available to tailor a talk, workshop or herb walk especially for your needs. I have a special interest in helping women and children with their health concerns. Charges start from as little as £130 per half hour talk plus travel expenses. Talks can be arranged via video. Concessions are available for community and charity groups.
This service is ideal for members of health societies or patient self-help groups.
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements and check availability.
GP REFERRALS WELCOME
If you are a doctor who would like more information about how I work, please contact me. I welcome the collaborative approach and always put the patients needs and safety first. I also believe in patient choice to empower my clients to take control of their own well being.
I am a senior associate of The Royal Society of Medicine (RSM): www.rsm.ac.uk
Further information on The National Institute of Medical Herbalists (NIMH) is available at: www.nimh.org.uk
Varsha is a mentor for the NIMH New Members Scheme and enjoys assisting newly qualified herbalists start their practice.