Thank you for visiting my page. I hope you find the site easy to navigate and understand the services provided within it. If in doubt - please contact me and ask any questions you may have. I would really love to hear from you.
Around 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem yet the shame and silence can be as bad for a person as the mental health problem itself. Your attitude towards mental health could change someone's life. Sometimes the fear of saying the wrong thing or not knowing what to say to someone can cause you to hold back - even though you desperately want to help.
The main objective of Have A Word is to educate and support people - understanding the importance of our mental health by providing training courses and private therapy sessions.
I am based in St Albans, Hertfordshire and created Have A Word in 2018 whilst I was working for a large airline, part-time. My side hustle quickly became my main focus and in 2020 I was in a position to proudly offer Have A Word services full time to all.
I have had a passion for people and psychology for as long as I can remember - I find us all fascinating! Working within the aviation and travel industry for sixteen years gave me a lot of opportunities to work with difference and diversity.
I recognise and appreciate the uniqueness of us all and promote social inclusion whilst embracing individuality. It is with pride that I sit alongside the LGBT+ community and vulnerable individuals to promote self-empowerment, happiness and confidence. You have the power to change your life for the better.
Therapy is an in-demand private service and I actively work as the main Therapist for Have A Word. It is with passion and enthusiasm that I have created affordable, flexible sessions to help normalise therapy within society and address the stigma associated with mental health and complimentary healing. I believe that you should not have to wait to speak to a trained professional and that psychological therapies should be readily available, alongside the NHS as much as possible.
Have A Word services are continuously expanding from an online session to a face to face Walk n Talk. The most recent addition is (NLP) Neuro-Linguistic Psychotherapy where I passionately work as a NLP Practitioner | Advanced coach and Reiki | Reiki Practitioner | Reiki Healer.
To all clients past, present and future, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you. Thank you for being part of my life story so far.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MHFA England | NUCO Accredited Youth | Adult Associate Instructor Member
- Reiki Certified and completed Okuden second Degree Reiki.
- I am trained in both lineages of the Usui System of Reiki:
- The Usui Natural Healing System (Western Lineage)
- The Usui Spiritual Energy System (Japanese Lineage)
- Distance Treatment
- Face to Face Treatment
- Level 3 Education and Training (PTTLS)
- Level 2 and 3 CPCAB Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Foundation Certificate - Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Professional Diploma - DBT and Neuroplasticity
- University Higher Education Certificate in Psychology
- NLP Practitioner
- Advanced Coach | Leadership
- NHS | Private Hospital | Business | Community
- Aviation Training and Standards | Quality Professional
Other available therapies
Life Coach Directory: Couples | Youth | Younger Adults | Female | Fertility | Anxiety | Stress | Empowerment and Confidence Coach
STUDENT: Clinical Hypnotherapy (January 2022)
Experience: Listening Volunteer: Samaritans (2018-2020) | MIND Mental Health Charity: Volunteer (2018-2019) | GoodSams | NHS | Imperial Health Charity: Volunteer (COVID-19) | The Priory Group: COVID-19 Support (Mental Health)
A little more about:
R E I K I
Generally described as an energy healing system, re-discovered in the early 1900's by Japanese scholar Mikao Usui.
Here are some key facts how it works:
- Reiki is literally very hands on: The energy is transmitted by simply placing your hands on a client - or even on yourself.
- Reiki is truly sustainable energy: The more you give to other people, the more energised you become yourself.
- Reiki can heal your life in a truly encompassing sense. Not only does it stimulate your body's innate healing abilities and deal with physical ailments, it goes right down to the root of problems - physical, mental or emotional.
- Reiki helps to relax us and be able to cope with stress - harmonising body and mind, whilst aiding meditation.
- Reiki starts a detox process in the body, helping to rid itself of the toxins we take in every day.
- Reiki increases intuition and will help you to become more aware of your life's purpose.
- Reiki is a spiritual path, re-connecting you with the power and peace within yourself.
- Reiki is not a religion. It is simply a tool that works with whatever religious path you have chosen for your life - and equally well, if you do not follow traditional religious beliefs.
- Reiki is applied quantum physics and it works on the level that makes the fabric of the universe, slowly un-doing the world that we have created.
- Reiki will change your life.