The Sanskrit word, Chakra, translates to “wheel” or “disk” and refers to the wheels of energy that flow throughout the body. But how do you energise the chakras and keep them spinning?
There are various ways you can keep your chakras active and healthy. For example, practising yoga and meditating can promote awareness of the chakras and help you understand how they are affected by different emotions.
Essential oils are one method that is believed to be effective in opening and activating the chakras. Best practised in a quiet space during meditation, massaging essential oils into certain parts of the body can help activate each area and rebalance the body’s energy.
The Root chakra
This chakra is all about feeling grounded and connected to the Earth.
The Sacral chakra
The chakra connected to emotion and sexuality.
- Colour: red.
- Where: base of the spine.
- Essential oils: myrrh, cedarwood and patchouli.
The Solar Plexus chakra
This relates to our will and power in the world.
- Colour: orange.
- Where: just below the belly button.
- Essential oils: jasmine and ylang ylang.
The Heart chakra
This is the expression of our compassion and our ability to love.
- Colour: yellow.
- Where: stomach.
- Essential oils: ginger, rosemary and lemon.
The Throat chakra
This relates to truth and having a voice.
- Colour: green.
- Where: chest.
- Essential oils: bergamot, thyme and rose.
The Third Eye chakra
This is the chakra for intuition and the “sixth sense”.
- Colour: blue.
- Where: throat.
- Essential oils: chamomile, ginger and lemon.
The Crown chakra
The final chakra, this relates to our connection to the spiritual side.
- Colour: indigo.
- Where: between the eyebrows.
- Essential oils: bay and clary sage.
- Colour: violet.
- Where: crown of the head.
- Essential oils: sandalwood and frankincense.
Share this article with a friend