Founder of Down To Earth Health, Lbs & Ozs and Health School
“My clinic work at Down To Earth Health allows me work with people who want to improve their health. From menopausal symptoms, digestive ailments like IBS, skin problems,muscle cramps, joint pain, I can honestly say, every day is different.
Facilitating people to get a good night’s sleep is worth a huge amount to them and since I started on my journey as a practitioner back in 2001, the gut and digestive system has been a source of huge interest for me. If you don’t clear out your waste, you can’t have a healthy body or brain.
Rosemary reached full Diplomate status in Systematic Kinesiology in 2001. She then went on to study, Homeobotanicals, Holistic Massage, Naturopathic Nutrition, Clinical Massage as well as doing regular Continuing Professional Development each year.
She has worked as a health practitioner and tutor teaching the Foundation & Practitioner course in Systematic Kinesiology with TASK & SAK and is now re-writing the Foundation Manual for the Kinesiology Association to be used nationally.
As she says:
“my goal is to ensure that you enjoy and feel benefits from this experience and that you get the most that you can during our time together. Having clients and students return to do follow-up sessions with me is amazing and I want us to have a long, fulfilling relationship together”. Preventative health is the best form of health for me and my clients over the years have learned to agree with me.
The Brain Health Programme so far has proved inspiring, with changes happening for clients who are willing to incorporate various changes in their diet and life. Available in groups, 1:1s and online with Skype/Zoom Calls.
Having worked with Cytoplan’s Action Against Alzheimer’s Programme since 2016 I am now delighted to bring the Brain Health Programme to the Scottish Borders thus sharing the information with an even wider audience.
Humour is important to me, so even in these workshops, there is always a bit of time for a giggle and lightheartedness even when dealing with serious topics. Laughter, after all is one of the best medicines!”
Systematic Kinesiologist, Homeobotanical Practitioner, Nutrition Advisor & Advanced Clinical/Myofascial Massage
At present, these are the courses offered by Health School and more course and workshops are in development and will follow in the coming months. Our Kinesiology courses are all accredited by the Association of Systematic Kinesiology.
- Brain Health Introductory Talks
- Brain Health Workshop - 6 weeks
- SOW - Seeds of Wellness using Kinesiology Talks
- FLOW - Foundation Level of Wellness using Kinesiology - 6 weekend modules
- FLOW - Foundation Level of Wellness using Kinesiology - 4 weekend - 6 modules
- FLOW - Kinesiology Foundation - 4 long weekend - 6 modules
- FLOW - Kinesiology Foundation - Residential Intensive
- GROW - Kinesiology Diploma - 12 modules
Lbs & Ozs
This is the weight management side of the business so if you are either wanting to lose or gain weight then this is really helpful. I use real food and help you create balance on a plate. It is important to ensure that there is good balance carbohydrates, protein and fat in your diet relative to your body's output,
However your individual requirements will depend on what your average day is like. Knowing what your energy expenditure is will then give guidance as to what your food level should be. I also look at hydration and if there are any nutritional imbalances that could be affecting your weight. At present Lbs & Ozs is mainly run as a group or 1:1s and will hopefully be offered as an online programme in 2019.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Balanced Health 1-4 & 5-6 (Merton Adult College), 1998
- Accredited Foundation Tutor for Association of Systematic Kinesiology (ASK), 2000
- Diploma from The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology (TASK), 2001
- Homoebotanical Certificate, 2003
- Holistic Massage (ITEC AP&M), 2003
- Diploma in Naturopathic Nutrition, 2008
- Group Director Facilitator for Patrick Holford's Zest4Life 2011 - 2013
- Group Facilitator & Creator of Lbs & Ozs - Healthy Weight Management 2014
- Advanced Clinical Massage - Jing Institute, 2014
- Hot Stone Fusion - Jing Institute, 2014
- Myofascial Release - Jing Institute, 2015
- Action Against Alzheimer's - Cytoplan, 2016
- The Brain Health Programme - Cytoplan, 2018
- Trustee of Association of Systematic Kinesiology (ASK), 2018
- Certificate in Nutrition, Nutrigold, 2019
- Gluten Free Practitioner, TheDr.com - Dr Tom O'Bryan, 2019
- Updated Gluten Free Practitioner, TheDr.com - Dr Tom O'Bryan, 2020
ASK is a charity, raising the awareness of Systematic Kinesiology and the great value Systematic Kinesiology has in preventative health care, for reducing pain and stress and for improving mental and physical health and well-being. They promote high standards of ethics, training and practice among their registered members, and provide information to the general public about Systematic Kinesiology.