Kevin Willmott, Independent Therapist (IRMT/VTCT Dips)
With almost 20 years' experience in massage therapy, Kevin Willmott is a mature therapist happy to treat people of all ages and from all walks of life, offering a mobile service to homes in all CO, CM and IP postcode areas. For other areas please enquire. Many clients have used Kevin's services for many years. Some have general aches and stiff muscles, perhaps through spending too much time at the driving wheel or computer screen - or perhaps through activities such as gardening or other pursuits. Others seek massage as part of their musculoskeletal maintenance on the recommendation of a specialist practitioner such as an osteopath. Some clients just want to unwind and appreciate being able to have a relaxing massage at home without the journey home. Kevin brings a professional, sturdy, portable massage couch, along with all towels and oils. All the client needs to provide is a warm and quiet space. Kevin was a full member of Independent Professional Therapists International (IPTI) until the organisation was disbanded at the end of 2020. Professional Indemnity Insurance as an independent therapist continues through WellBeing Insurance, Farnham, Surrey.
The hybrid style of massage is has its foundations in Swedish Massage and has been enhanced over the years, through Continuing Professional Development to include a range of advanced and deep-tissue techniques.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2002 International Register of Massage Therapists (IRMT) Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology & Swedish Massage. East Anglian School of Natural Therapies.
- 2006. Upgraded Anatomy & Physiology qualification to Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) Level 3 (Registration no. 561366). Kevala Centre
- 2006 Entered into full membership of Independent Professional Therapists International (IPTI) membership number 17507. Sadly this organisation became a victim of the COVID-19 business crisis and was disbanded at the end of 2020.
- 2006 Certificate in Sports Massage Techniques. A Bond Therapies Training
- 2006-2016 - Continuous Professional Development certificates in advanced and deep-tissue techniques, osteopathic soft tissue techniques, effective stretching, RSI and Neuro-muscular techniques. Middlesex School of Complementary Medicine, Gateway Workshops and Cameron Reid Training.
Mobile service: Fees vary according to location, as they incorporate an element of travel costs. Those closest from base start at £35 for a one-hour massage, rising to £40 for villages on the outskirts of Colchester, and £45 for those 10-25 miles from base. As a guide, no client will be asked to pay more than £45 if they have a CO postcode or are located within 25 miles of Colchester. Please ask for quotation for CM and IP postcode areas and other parts of Essex & Suffolk.
Daytimes and some evenings Mondays-Fridays. Saturday appointments sometimes available with prior notice.
COVID-19 LOCKDOWN EASING means that I am now able to carry out treatments once again - abiding by Government guidelines for close-contact services and for people working in clients' homes.