Find out just why sex is so important and how to improve your libido naturally.
With careers, kids and social commitments it can be hard to make time to even see our partners, let alone make time for intimacy. Keeping your sex life alive is not only important for your relationship, it's important for your health too.
Many of us have heard that sex can ward off illness, but were you aware that having sex just once a week could improve your immune system by 30%? Not only this - but sex is a workout too, burning at least 5 calories an hour. Finally, sex keeps you feeling confident in yourself and confident within your relationship.
So what if you are failing to feel frisky? Take a look at these easy, natural ways to increase your libido:
Get enough sleep
- Getting your recommended 6-8 hours of sleep a night will keep your body in top condition, including the organs responsible for keeping your sex drive going.
- Not only is it good for your heart and overall fitness, exercising helps to increase the blood flow within the body, especially to the sexual organs.
Give each other a massage
- As well as easing tension and lowering stress levels, all that intimate touching and rubbing is sure to get the sex drive going.
Eat a balanced diet
- Eating too much of the wrong foods can lead to weight gain which may damage/restrict the flow of blood to the genitals.
Try a herbal remedy
- The following herbs are known for their libido enhancing qualities:
- Ginko Biloba: derived from the tree of the same name, this herb is known to increase blood flow to the brain and sexual organs.
- Yohimbine: an African plant considered the 'natural Viagra'.
- Tulsi: a popular herb from India, this is thought to boost stamina and energy levels.
(always check with your doctor before taking a new supplement)
If you want to discover more natural remedies to common ailments, take a look at our Therapy Topics page to see what treatments could benefit you.
View and comment on the original Inspiyr article.
Share this article with a friend