What is naturopathy and how can it help you improve your health?
Naturopathy is a method of alternative medicine which is based on the understanding that diseases can be successfully treated or prevented through the use of natural methods such as diet, supplementation, lifestyle, exercise, stress management, hydrotherapy etc. The principle being that the human body, given the right conditions, can heal itself of illness and more importantly disease can be prevented.
The aims of naturopathy are to treat a person from an holistic approach; to address the underlying problem so the body can heal itself. A naturopath will do a consultation to look at such things as diet, lifestyle, stress levels and emotional issues. Recommendations will then be made, which if followed, will help to bring the body back to a healthy state of well-being. Recommendations may include:
- Following a specific healthy eating plan depending on the illness.
- Supplements or herbs may be recommended to assist the body in returning to a healthy state or at least to relieve symptoms.
- Help with changing bad habits such as smoking, drinking, alcohol or taking drugs.
- How to reduce the chemical load on the body by using only natural beauty and household products.
- Partaking of suitable exercise.
- Hydrotherapy or the use of packs and poultices to help cleanse the body or reduce inflammation.
- Suitable stress management techniques to relieve stress.
- Hypnotherapy to relieve psychological, behavioural or emotional problems.
Of course all of these recommendations are not quick fixes and it takes time to change the poor lifestyle habits that have led to the poor health conditions in the first place. However changing unhealthy lifestyle habits to consistent healthy ones will help you:
- Address underlying issues.
- Overcome chronic health conditions.
- Restore your body to good health.
- Leave you feeling much happier and healthier.
Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today? Start that healthy regime today. The sooner you start the sooner you will start feeling like a new you.
Look after your body because it’s the only one you’ve got!
Therapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Sophiero Healing - B-J RabenNovember 1st, 2017
Jenny Newman Connect With ReikiOctober 25th, 2017
Most viewed articles
Holly Hinton BSc (Hons) Geoscience, Dip CSCTFebruary 3rd, 2014
Vishal Kohli BAMS, PGPP, PGDKPJuly 18th, 2012