Ayurveda home remediesthat could help hair fall
Hair is made up of a protein called keratin present in outer layer of skin. It is believed that we tend to lose around 1 – 100 hair strands in a day and it is common. Hair loss or alopecia can be caused by:
Hair treatments: Hair treatments like using braids, curling & ironing, dying & using hard combs. All these types of hair styling measures can cause breakage and damage of hair.
Hormone deficiency: Hair fall can occur if abnormal levels of androgens or male hormones are produced in body.
Stress & Illness: Stress and illness can cause hair loss temporarily.
Recent childbirth: Women lose hair temporarily after giving birth to a child.
Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy causes severe hair fall from all parts of our body including eyebrows, hands and legs.
Some drugs: Drugs used in chemotherapy and heart disease can cause hair loss temporarily. Hair grows back when these drugs are stopped.
It is always better to prevent it before it’s too late! Following a healthy lifestyle is first and foremost principle to prevent hair fall. Avoid using hair pulling bands or hair styles which may break or damage hair follicles. Drink plenty of water daily. Use lukewarm water for washing hair.
1. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil nourishes your hair from roots and it is natural colorant.
2. Methi Seeds: Soak methi seeds in buttermilk overnight and make a paste in the morning using blender. Apply it to the roots of your hair let it dry for one hour, then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
3. Egg whites: Egg white contains around 40 different types of protein, selenium, magnesium and iron in it and is very good for hair. Apply egg white to hair, dry it and wash it. You can also mix olive with egg white and then apply.
4. Henna: Henna which is a natural colorant also promotes strength in hair roots. Use henna regularly for a healthy hair. One can add tea decoction for more colour.
5. Onion and Garlic: Onion and garlic contain sulphur which in turn are responsible for the growth of hair. Apply onion juice to scalp, leave it for 15mins and wash it. Crush 1-2 garlic cloves add them to coconut oil and boil it for few minutes. Use this oil for massaging scalp regularly.
6. Hibiscus: Make a paste with crushed hibiscus flowers by adding coconut oil and apply it to hair let it dry and wash it. It prevents premature greying of hair and improves strength in hair.
7. Amla: The Indian gooseberry is rich in vitamin c and antioxidants to promote the growth of hair. Make a paste by combining amla powder with lemon juice and apply to scalp let it dry and wash it.
About the author
Dr. Varalakshmi Yanamandra is an Ayurvedic Doctor in London. She is known for her works in treating many ailments. Her clinic is located in London.
Therapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Sophiero Healing - B-J RabenAugust 8th, 2017
Ana Maria Conneely Massage therapyJuly 19th, 2017