Teresa Crickmar - Reiki Practitioner Master Teacher
Hello, I am blessed to connect with you.
I am a highly sensitive empath and have found joy in being creative and helping people. I am a trained jeweller, qualified teacher and Reiki Master/Teacher.
Reiki is the perfect tool for me to help relieve stress, anxiety and damaging thought patterns and behaviours.
Reiki has changed my life, it has improved my wellbeing, my relationships with family and friends and given me purpose.
Connecting with 'life force' energy is pure bliss and I am privileged to act as a channel to offer this unconditional loving energy to people.
A little bit about how I work and methods I practice:
- I am an experienced Usui Ryoho Reiki Master/Teacher and offer treatments as well as training and attunements for Level I, II and master levels.
- I am an intuitive empath and channel insights during treatments such as messages, colours, feelings and imagery. It has taken time to trust and hone these gifts and now I confidently use them for the higher good of the client. When something does occur, for instance a sensation in my body or visualisations, I will share them as guided. Either saved for the end of the session or during the treatment where we can partner together in releasing energy, and transmuting it.
- I believe that I channel Gaia's energy and so it is often soft, gentle and nurturing. Themes such as flowers, trees, water sources and other natural features show up in the sessions. I gather offerings for Gaia and the client before the session and place them at her altar with the intention of sending love and gratitude for guidance.
- I use sound; singing bowls, chimes and soothing music are used during my practice, to clear, cleanse and shift energy.
- I use scent; lavender on my hands creates a relaxing experience along with intuitively selected essential oils and incense to help to soothe you.
- I use crystals; I am a qualified Crystal Reiki Master Teacher and love to use all of my beautiful crystals. I arrange a grid before we meet and will usually place crystals on your body and maybe in your hands to help with the treatment. Finally, I am very happy to draw and interpret oracle cards for you.
- I am a Pisces and tend to go with the flow meaning that every session is as unique as the soul I am working with, my focus being on the priorities that arise, so although I utilise all of the above, the session can be quite different depending on what is needed most at that time.
- I am happy to offer Reiki here at my home in Lode or travel 10 miles from home.
- I am happy to give one-off treatments as well as repeat sessions.
Please remember that I am not a medical practitioner and you are advised to seek professional advice for physical and psychological conditions. Reiki is a wonderful therapy to help you feel calm, balanced and relaxed to aid in the healing process but does not claim to 'cure'.
"My name is Amanda, I have known Teresa for about 11 years and have occasionally been receiving Reiki from her for 6 of those years. I was aware of the healing power of Reiki before taking part in the sessions but have been astounded by the powerful energy that they release. I am convinced the beautiful therapies Teresa and I have experienced is due to the natural ability of Teresa to tap into wonderful spiritual channels, she has an amazing healing touch. I thank her for helping me. Also Teresa has practised Reiki on my horses who responded by relaxing completely and it was a joy to watch."
Amanda, Fen Drayton
"I’ve tried many different courses and treatments to help me unwind, relax and be a bit more gentle with myself, and I don’t think I’ve ever experienced a space that ‘held me’ and made me feel soothed and bolstered in quite the way that Teresa’s Reiki haven did. For anyone who’s having trouble switching off, finding peace, or clearing out negative energy, I can’t recommend Teresa highly enough. I really hope you’ll be inspired by this to give yourself the holistic TLC experience that she offers, with so many little elements and touches to create such a fantastic space for peace and wellbeing."
"Teresa is a very professional, caring and knowledgeable practitioner. She treats her clients from a whole person perspective, marrying Reiki with spiritual insight. This is carried forward in her amazing image and silver creations. After being with Teresa any length of time one emerges feeling lighter, uplifted and positive. I have no hesitation in recommending her."
"I’m a lifelong sceptic when it comes to holistic therapies and a reluctant customer. With a stressful job and increasing blood pressure I was advised by my doctor to find ways of learning to relax. I had heard of Reiki and Teresa was recommended. Teresa was extremely patient and spent time exploring what I wanted to achieve. She is a sensitive person and intuitively sensed my reticence. However after sitting for just a few minutes in her little haven in the garden I was reassured, she was so friendly. I had never experienced Reiki before and lying on the couch was a step too far for me but Teresa recognised what I was comfortable with and before I knew it I was drifting off to a state I usually find impossible to find! I couldn’t believe I felt so relaxed for days afterwards! On the second session (yes I went back), I entered a deep state of relaxation and now I’m a total convert to Reiki and really feel the benefit. I can’t recommend Teresa highly enough."
"Jamie and I talked about the Reiki a lot after and we both really loved it and thought you were brilliant. It has made us feel closer to each other.?"
?"We had a fantastic first experience of Reiki with Teresa. She really put us at ease and was very kind and gentle. Her studio is wonderful, peaceful and calming. Perfect if you're new to Reiki or an old hand."
Jane and Jamie (Couples Session), Swaffham Bulbeck
What is Reiki?
The UK Reiki Federation describe Reiki as:
Reiki is natural healing energy activated by intention. It works on every level, not just the physical. The practice of Reiki is an original method of healing, developed by Mikao Usui in Japan early in the 20th century. The Japanese word Reiki means ‘Universal Energy’. Eastern medicine has always recognised and worked with this energy, which flows through all living things and is vital to well-being; known as ‘ki’ in Japan, ‘chi’ in China and ‘prana’ in India. Acupuncture, Tai chi and Yoga are also based on the free-flow of this energy in a person.
A Reiki session as described by the UK Reiki Federation
A Reiki treatment is non-diagnostic, non-interventionist, non-manipulative and no pressure is applied. A session is usually carried out with the recipient lying down, or sitting, in a comfortable and peaceful environment. There is no need to remove any clothing as Reiki energy passes easily through all materials, including plaster casts. The Practitioner places their hands gently on or over the body; there is no massage or manipulation. Reiki can also be given over a distance. Reiki may be experienced as a flow of energy, mild tingling, warmth, coolness, other sensations, or nothing at all.
I look forward to meeting you.
Much love, Teresa
Training, qualifications & experience
- Reiki Level I
- Reiki Level II
- Reiki Master Teacher Level
- Reiki Crystal Master Teacher
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Honours Degree in Jewellery & Silversmithing
- Fellow of the School of Entrepreneurs
The UK Reiki Federation
The UK Reiki Federation is a professional association with the objective of forming a national umbrella organisation for education, training and guidance in the practice of reiki.
Currently the Reiki Federation requires their members to have signed their code of ethics, hold practitioner insurance and hold certificates appropriate to their membership type.
Other available therapies
mindfulness, wellbeing, divine feminine energy, creative healing practises
£50.00 per session
20 minute introductory video or phone call followed by 60 minutes in-person holistic Reiki Session £50
Please get in contact here
If these times do not suit you please contact me, timings can be flexible. I am happy to offer treatments weekdays, evenings and at the weekend.
Can I park when I visit you?
Yes, I have parking for two cars on my driveway. We are two minutes walk from Anglesey Abbey where they have plenty of free parking during the day - why not double up with a visit to the beautiful National Trust site?
Can I reach you on public transport?
I am on Swaffham Road and the number 11 bus runs through Lode from Newmarket & Cambridge.
Will there be any refreshments?
In normal circumstances I offer herbal tea and water (I activate them with Reiki energy) however with the pandemic I recommend that you bring your own drink, I'm happy to Reiki it for you :)
A little more about Teresa Crickmar
I am a creative practitioner and qualified teacher who loves to plan and deliver training including mindfulness, wellbeing, arts and crafts.
I am an active community leader and volunteer weekly to improve the well-being of people in my local area. I am a parish councillor, trustee of two charities and the lead for the Covid19 Community Aid Group. I am motivated by improving lives and the environment. Recently I was awarded funding to deliver several community projects including an Easter Egg event, canoe adventure sessions and wellbeing courses.
Before starting Creative Therapy Space I ran an award winning social enterprise called GAP Learning CIC. We delivered an outreach training programme to vulnerable adults in Cambridgeshire. The courses including cooking, crafting, mindfulness and wellbeing. We also delivered an accredited maths course for adults with additional needs.
My teaching career has bought me many wonderful opportunities to work with primary, secondary and adult education settings. I worked at Gretton School, a school for children with autism, as the design and technology teacher. I continue to work as the silver jewellery tutor at Comberton village college.
I run creative workshops including silver jewellery making, women's circles and healing crafts.