I work with people who are living with the after effects of stressful, painful and traumatic experiences. My approach combines touch and body awareness to support a deeper physical presence so they can feel more comfortable in their own skin.
How we hold stress varies with each individual and context. During periods of high stress, we can feel physically and emotionally overwhelmed. The more we can accept our sensations, feelings and emotions, the more choice we have in how to interact with the world around us. Meeting ourselves in this way opens the door to resilience and healing so that we can experience life more fully.
Since 2003, I have practiced in private clinics across Sussex including 12 years in a residential hospital within the NHS. I have trained extensively in Craniosacral Therapy and several approaches focussing on trauma, pain and stress.
As a senior tutor for Body Intelligence Training, I teach Craniosacral Therapy to students internationally. I also offer clinical supervision to Craniosacral Therapists and many other movement and body oriented practitioners.
Training, qualifications & experience
- In clinical practice since 2003
- Training includes Craniosacral Therapy, Clinical Massage Therapy, Myofascial Release and Somatic Trauma Therapy with over a decade of continuing professional development
- Experience in private clinics, community organisations and NHS setting
- Clinical supervisor for Craniosacral Therapists, body oriented therapists and movement teachers since 2014
- Tutor on Craniosacral Therapy practitioner trainings across North America, Europe and Middle East since 2012
Other available therapies
While my main training is in Craniosacral Therapy, I have also studied various approaches to bodywork and psychological wellbeing including Brainspotting and Somatic Trauma Therapy
Sessions last for approximately 1 hour and the fees are £50. I ask for 24 hours notice for cancellations otherwise the full fee will be payable.
I practice in both East Sussex and West Sussex from clinics in Brighton, Lewes and Haywards Heath. The clinics are easy to find and clients often travel from Hove, Shoreham by Sea, Portslade, Seaford, Newhaven, Eastourne, Uckfield, Worthing, Crawley, Burgess Hill, Hassocks and the villages of Mid Sussex.
The sessions I offer are in complementary therapy and are not a substitute for medical care. If you are concerned about your health please also contact your GP.