RJO Massage Therapy is a team of Sports Massage & Rehabilitation Practitioners working with members of the public and international athletes.
RJO Massage Therapy is a team of Sports Massage & Rehabilitation practitioners based in Caerleon, Newport & Cardiff,South Wales.
We provide Sports Massage and Rehabilitation treatments and advice to members of the public through to international athletes. We are currently the team supporting New Zealand Rugby Union Squad for the Rugby World Cup 2015 & work as partners with Coates Physiotherapy clinics, The Coliseum Gym and Physiomatters, South Wales.
Sports massage is often recommended after physiotherapy treatment in rehabilitation of injuries and uses a variety of classic massage strokes together with specific deep tissue techniques, working on the body's soft tissues, muscles, tendons and fascia.
"Massage isn't a luxury, it's a necessity!" - R Oakley, 2013.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2.1 Degree in Sport Conditioning Rehabilitation and Massage
- Diploma Level 4 OCR in Sports Massage
- Sports Taping Certificate
- Accredited member of the Sports Massage Association (MSMA Level 4)
- Emergency First Aid
- Sports Trauma Management.
Previous Work & Experience
- Newport County Academy (2015 - Present)
- Newport County Football Club (2016 - Present)
- New Zealand Rugby Union Squad (Rugby World Cup, England 2015)
- Trans Savoie - The Big Apline Enduro (France, 2015)
- New Zealand Rugby Union Squad (Autumn Internationals, Cardiff 2014)
- Tonga Rugby Union Squad (Autumn Internationals, Cardiff 2013)
- Newport Gwent Dragons Rugby Union Academy & Seniors (Newport, 2013)
- Cardiff Blues Rugby Union Academy & Seniors (Cardiff, 2013)
- Wales Senior Female Hockey Squad (Commonwealth Games, Cardiff 2012)
- Wales Senior Male Hockey Squad (Commonwealth Games, Cardiff 2012)
- Wales Rugby 7s Squad (Rugby 7s World Cup, Cardiff 2012)
- Caerleon Youth Football Team
Member organisations *
Sports Massage Association
The Sports Massage Association (SMA) was launched in 2002 as a way of helping the public to understand which practitioners were appropriately qualified.
Over the years the association has developed and not only aims to protect and inform the public but also to support the profession and encourage further training and practice.
Initial Assessment - £35
1 Hour long - (15 Minute Assessment & Taking Information - 45 Minutes Massage Treatment)
1 Hour Treatment - £35
30 minute - £20
We have experience dealing with members of the public all the way up to elite athletes. Our experience allows us to deal with any problems you have with efficiency and professionalism.
Our background in rehabilitation enables us to provide exercise based training external to our treatment as "homework" which progresses your recovery and rehabilitation outside of the treatment room.