MISRM, Tri-Essence Therapies - Sports Massage Therapist
Every professional displayed on Therapy Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Therapy Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
My name is Munira and I practice various forms of massage therapy with a strong focus on clinical sport & remedial massage. My passion is helping those suffering from various forms of muscle and joint pain. I have been able to help my clients find a more pain-free existence and back doing the activities they love.
My company is Tri-Essence Therapies. I am a fully qualified clinical sports & remedial massage therapist and a member of the Institute of Sport & Remedial Massage (ISRM). I work a treatment room in a health shop, The Natural Way in Banstead where I work Tuesday and Friday mornings. I also work in Sutton Tuesday evenings, Thursdays all day and evening and Friday afternoons. STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please contact me to book your appointment and discuss your needs. I do not operate a walk in or mobile (home visits) practice.
What is clinical sports and remedial massage?
Clinical sports and remedial massage therapy combines general and deep tissue massage with specific stretching and muscle contraction techniques to improve muscle health. The benefits of this style of therapy is felt quite quickly due to its direct approach and is suitable for adults of all ages. Each treatment is unique because I look at how the whole body is moving, not just your area of issue. This is a better long term solution and works especially well in chronic conditions.
Sports and remedial massage therapy is strongly associated with very active people but it can be used to treat a wide range of problems. It is essential for the treatment of postural and musculoskeletal problems which can be caused by postural and occupational habits, stress, injuries (sports and non-sports) and poor exercise technique. With regards to occupational habits, these are common problem areas:
- Back of the neck into the base of the skull – can lead to tension headaches.
- Upper shoulders and tightness and pain between the shoulder blades, rotator cuff problems
- Lower back pain. Stiff sections of the spine, muscle spasms
- Hip pain, sometimes sciatic pain causing pins and needles and numbness.
- Knee pain, foot pain, plantar fasciitis
- Hand & wrist repetitive strain and carpal tunnel syndrome
This list is not final, as many soft tissue problems and conditions can occur from the stresses and strains of normal life. Please see my website for further information.
Other treatments I do:
- Hot Stones massage which is not only a relaxing therapy but the heat is said to have an analgesic effect on pain amongst many other benefits and can be used in a remedial way.
- Indian head massage which can be an extremely relaxing therapy and may be beneficial for tension headaches amongst other issues.
- Facial rejuvenation massage which is a facial massage used to lift and brighten the complexion without the use of products and oils so great if you have sensitive skin. This has quickly become my second most popular treatment behind sports massage as my clients see the amazing affects that can be achieved from this wonderful treatment.
- Pregnancy massage
- Ayurvedic foot massage which is a relaxing treatment perfect for those on their feet a lot or try this with a half hour back, neck and shoulder massage to experience complete relaxation.
I am happy to have a chat about your treatment options so please do not hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
These are my qualifications and the training I have undertaken:
- BTEC Level 5 diploma in Sports & Remedial Massage, London School of Sports Massage (LSSM)
- ITEC Diploma in Holistic massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Diploma in Structural Rebalancing, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Foundation in Advanced Clinical Massage, Jing Institute, Brighton
- Certificate in Hot Stones Massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Certificate in Pregnancy Massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Certificate in Classical Onsite Massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Level 1 Certificate in Myofascial Release Techniques, The College of Massage, Brighton
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage, London Centre of Champissage International
- Diploma in Facial Rejuvenation, London Centre of Champissage International
- Workshop in Treating Hip & Pelvis pain, Jing Institute, Brighton
- The Jing Method: Neck & Shoulder pain, Jing Institute, Brighton
Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage (ISRM)
The Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage works to support the interests and development of those within the profession.
To join the ISRM as a member, applicants must have a BTEC Level 5 qualification or similar and must have valid insurance to practice. In addition to this members must also agree to adhere to the associations code of ethics and conduct and must also carry out continued professional development.
Other available therapies
Sports & Remedial Massage
Indian Head Massage
Hot Stones massage
Myofascial release techniques
Facial Rejuvenation massage
The Natural Face-lift
Deep Tissue Massage
From £40.00 to £60.00
First treatment add £5 to the below prices which includes your consultation.
60 minutes £55.00
45 minutes £50.00
30 minutes £40.00
Hot stones 60 mins full body £60
Facial Rejuvenation (The Natural Facelift) is a 60 minute treatment.
When I work
Banstead: Tuesday, Friday mornings
Sutton: Tuesday afternoon & evening, Thursday all day and evening, Friday afternoon
A strict 24 hours notice is required should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you provide a mobile number, you will receive a text reminder of your appointment 24 hours before. If you cancel or reschedule within 24 hours of your appointment, I will charge you for the full fee. Failure to turn up to your appointment will be taken as a short notice cancellation and you will be charged.