My name is Munira and I practice various forms of massage therapy with a strong focus on clinical sport & remedial massage. My passion is helping those suffering from stress and various forms of muscle and joint pain. I have been able to help my clients find relaxation and put them on a road to a more pain free recovery.
My company is Tri-Essence Therapies. I am a fully qualified clinical sports & remedial massage therapist and a member of the Institute of Sport & Remedial Massage (ISRM). I work a treatment room in a health shop, The Natural Way in Banstead where I work Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 9am-5pm. STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please contact me to book your appointment and discuss your needs. I do not operate a walk in practice.
I have a BTEC level 5 diploma in Sports and Remedial Massage from the prestigious London School of Sports Massage and I also trained in Brighton at the College of Classical Massage where I gained an ITEC level 3 diploma in Holistic massage in 2010.
Clinical sports and remedial massage therapy combines general and deep tissue massage with specific stretching and muscle contraction techniques to improve muscle health. The benefits of this style of therapy is felt quite quickly due to its direct approach and is suitable for people of all ages.I work quite differently compared to many sports massage therapists because I look at how the whole body is moving, not just your area of issue. This is a better long term solution and works especially well in chronic conditions.
Sports and remedial massage therapy is strongly associated with athletes but it can be used to treat a wide range of problems. It is essential for the treatment of postural and musculoskeletal problems which can be caused by occupational habits, stress, injuries (sports and non-sports) and poor exercise technique. With regards to occupational habits, these are common problem areas:
- Back of the neck into the base of the skull – can lead to tension headaches.
- Upper shoulders and tightness and pain between the shoulder blades
- Lower back pain, sometimes as low as the base of the spine.
- Hip pain, sometimes sciatic pain causing pins and needles and numbness.
- Knee pain, foot pain, plantar fasciitis
- Hand & wrist repetitive strain and carpal tunnel syndrome
This list is not final, as many soft tissue problems and conditions can occur from the stresses and strains of normal life. Please see my website for further information.
I also practice Hot Stones massage (only available in my Banstead practice) which is not only a relaxing therapy but the heat is said to have an analgesic effect on pain amongst many other benefits and can be used in a remedial way. I also have a diploma in Indian head massage which can be an extremely relaxing therapy and may be beneficial for tension headaches amongst other issues. I also practice the increasingly popular facial rejuvenation massage which is a facial massage used to lift and brighten the complexion without the use of products and oils so great if you have sensitive skin. This has quickly become my second most popular treatment behind massage as my clients see the amazing affects that can be achieved from this wonderful treatment. I am also trained in pregnancy massage and Ayurvedic foot massage which is a relaxing treatment perfect for those on their feet a lot or try this with a half hour back, neck and shoulder massage to experience complete relaxation.
I am happy to have a chat about your treatment options so please do not hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
These are my qualifications and the training I have undertaken:
- BTEC Level 5 diploma in Sports & Remedial Massage, London School of Sports Massage (LSSM)
- ITEC Diploma in Holistic massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Diploma in Structural Rebalancing, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Foundation in Advanced Clinical Massage, Jing Institute, Brighton
- Certificate in Hot Stones Massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Certificate in Pregnancy Massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Certificate in Classical Onsite Massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Level 1 Certificate in Myofascial Release Techniques, The College of Massage, Brighton
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage, London Centre of Champissage International
- Diploma in Facial Rejuvenation, London Centre of Champissage International
- Workshop in Treating Hip & Pelvis pain, Jing Institute, Brighton
- The Jing Method: Neck & Shoulder pain, Jing Institute, Brighton
Other available therapies
Sports & Remedial Massage
Indian Head Massage
Hot Stones massage
Myofascial release techniques
Facial Rejuvenation massage
The Natural Face-lift
Deep Tissue Massage
Photos & videos
First treatment add £5 to the below prices which includes your consultation of around 15 minutes
90 minutes £70.00
60 minutes £50.00
45 minutes £45.00
30 minutes £35.00
Hot stones 60 mins full body £55 (Banstead only)
Facial Rejuvenation is a 60 minute treatment.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions
Banstead: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 9am-5pm