A fully qualified Bowen therapist - Cert ECBS. Approved MSTR Practitioner - McLoughlin Scar Release Therapy. A professional member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists - MFHT. I continue to further my skills and attend regular CPD training courses.
My clinic is based 4 miles South of Ashbourne Derbyshire, easy access from the A515 & A50. Free onsite parking and easy access to a warm and relaxing therapy room.
An initial appointment will take a minimum of an hour which includes detailing a clients medical history and a structural/physical assessment. Follow up sessions are approx 45 mins.
I offer new and existing clients a £10 discount when purchasing a course of 3 Bowen Sessions, these are usually arranged at weekly intervals. T&C's apply.
Please quote 'Therapy Directory Offer' when booking.
For more information and testimonials from some MY clients please visit my website - thebowentherapist.co.uk
"Quite simply one of the most straight-forward and effective 'hands-on' therapies available"
The Bowen Technique aims to balance the whole person, not just the symptoms.
Common presentations include back and neck pain, knee problems, sports injuries and maintenance, Sciatica, RSI, frozen shoulders, tennis elbows and respiratory problems, hayfever, to name but a few.
Practically any problem can potentially be addressed and many people use the Bowen Technique as a means of stress management and health maintenance, seeing their therapist regularly 2-4 times a year.
The Bowen Technique is a gentle, subtle and relaxing hands on therapy using very gentle pressure.
It is not a form of massage and there is no manipulation or adjustment of hard tissue. It is safe for people of all ages - new born, children, adults..
Appointments take about 50 minutes and can be performed through light clothing. Initial appointments may take over an hour as a comprehensive history and physical assessment is taken.
There are a series of short breaks during the session allowing the body to respond to the gentle moves and making subtle and fine adjustments which re-balance, relieve tension and reduce pain.
Three or four treatments at weekly intervals are usually sufficient to achieve relief from even long standing pain. To receive maximum benefit it is recommended not to mix with other therapies such as massage, reflexology, physiotherapy etc for seven days before and after treatment.
How I found this amazing therapy:
"I was first introduced to Bowen when I my 17yr old son was involved in a serious car accident; he sustained multiple fractures and a serious head injury which left him ventilated in a critical condition. He received excellent care whilst in hospital and is extremely lucky to be alive.
His injuries left him with various structural imbalances, with constant chronic pain; resulting in daily medication. This not only effected him physically, but also had an extremeIy negative effect on his mental state, resulting with depression, mood swings, frustration and angry outbursts.
In desperation I began to look for alternative treatment. I was recommended by several people to try a local NST/Bowen therapist.
He had a number of appointmets over several months, Bowen helped him tremendously during his rehabilitation both mentally and physically. His focus and energy for life returned,
he was able to return to his his college studies, and then to gain a first class degree at university.
I also experienced the benefits of Bowen treatment for my own long term back pain, I was so amazed by this gentle, relaxing therapy I decided to train as a therapist!
I continue extend my knowledge by attending regular CPD and further development of my skills and career. Please visit my website for further information and testimonials from my clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Trained with the European College of Bowen Studies (Now CBS) 2012
- Qualified ECBS Bowen Technique 2013
- Qualified McLoughlin Scar Release Technique - Alastair McLoughlin July 2018
- Member of Federation of Holistic Therapists MFHT
- Trained Neuro Structural Integration (NST) Equine and Human.2012
- Qualified Equine Practitioner 2012 CEP- NSThealth.com
- CPD: March 2015 - Assessment with Michael Morris MSC (ECBS)
- CPD: May 2016 - Sports - Michael Morris MSC & Paula Esson (BSc Sport Science)
- CPD: May 2017 - Neuro Work with Michael Morris MSC (CBS)
- CPD: Feb 2018 - Art of Bowen - Alastair McLoughlin
- CPD: Oct 2018 - Jo Wortley - Fascia Bowen (Howard Plummer work)
- CPD: September 2019 - O Lab Foundation & Fundamentals TMD - Ron Phelan
- CPD: October 2020 - Lymphatic Bowen - Gus De La Querra (Cert CBS, ETA)
- St John's First Aid at Work - (30yrs +)
Federation of Holistic Therapists
FHT is the largest multi-disciplinary therapy organisation in the UK and has been representing holistic, beauty and sports therapists for over 45 years.
There a number of different membership categories (including Fellows, Member, Student, Associate and Non-Practitioner) which are dependent on qualifications and experience.
FHT enforce high professional standards, and all Members, Fellows and Student Members are required to follow a strict Code of Ethics and Professional Practice.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Other available therapies
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Arm Pain
- Sports injury
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis Elbow
- TMJ imbalance
- Initial Assessment/consultation £40 1 hour plus.
- Adult Bowen Session - £40 Approx 50 mins
- Student Card Discount - £25
- Children - must be accompanied by a parent £25
- Babies - £10
- Fees based on Clinic at Cubley.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm 1 Evening per week 4 - 8pm Saturday 9 -12noon Ashbourne. Emergency appointments possible out of hours
- I am a qualified riding instructor (BHSAI) and have a lifetimes experience of producing horses for competition.
- Foundation Degree in Equine Science & Management
- Understanding the importance for both horse and rider to be in complete structural balance, I chose to train in Equine Neuro Structural Integration with NSTHealth.com.
- I cover Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Staffordshire when treating horses and their riders.