Everybody Talks is a private Speech and Language Therapy company based in Brixton, South London.
Established in 2013 after many years experience in the NHS, we provide the Speech and Language Therapy provision for schools across London and Kent as well as providing support to individual clients (London only) with a broad range of communication difficulties and their families.
We offer speech and language therapy for the management of disorders of speech, language and communication, including:
* Speech/ Articulation Disorders
* Phonological Delay/ Disorders
* Language Delay/ Disorders
* Specific Language Impairment
* Developmental Delay
* Down Syndrome
* Stuttering (Stammering)
John Doleman offers the Camperdown Programme for Stuttering to adult clients.
* Please be aware, due to the primary nature of our business being providing school provision, we may not always have capacity to take on individual clients.
If a client approaches us who has needs outside of our range of expertise, we will usually be able to help you find another therapist or company who can help them.
Training, qualifications & experience
My primary professional qualification is:
- MSLTPrac (Master of Speech and Language Therapy Practice) - University of Auckland, New Zealand
I am currently studying for:
- MSc Psychology - University of Derby, UK.
My Professional Memberships include:
- Member of HCPC - Health and Care Professions Council.
- Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Member of Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice.
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society.
My continuing professional development (CPD) includes:
- Lidcombe Programme for Stuttering (under 6s).
- Swindon Fluency Pack.
- Camperdown Programme for adolescent and adult stuttering.
- DiR Floortime Therapy.
- Lego Based Therapy.
- ICAN - Talk Boost, Primary Talk Accredited Trainer/ Mentor.
- BLAST - Accredited trainer, including Train the Trainer programme.
- Intensive Interaction for Clients who speak.
- Cleft Palate assessment and intervention.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC's primary role is to protect the public and ensure they have a reliable resource for finding professionals qualified to a high standard.
Other available therapies
Initial assessment consultation (including report): £80 per hour (up to 3 hours).
Assessment or Summary Report: £160
Individual sessions: £80
A travel charge of 50 pence per mile applies to clients who live greater than 3 miles from our offices in Brixton.
All prices are exempt from VAT.
Medico-Legal assessment and reports - please contact us to discuss your needs. These require much more detail so cost more to reflect the amount of work required.
Me and my team prefer to conduct assessments and therapy for children in their home as this is where their communication is most important for them. Working with the children in their home means they feel more comfortable in familiar surroundings, and this helps the skills they learn in therapy to generalise to their primary communication environments.
We see parents as an integral part of the therapy process. The models we follow focus on providing parents with the skills to carryover therapy on a daily basis. Parents are able, with our support, to help their children gain new skills faster.
As such, most of the therapies we deliver will have some aspect of modelling to parents and then watching parents deliver therapy themselves (usually with the help of a recording of the interaction) and then feedback about that interaction.