Jo Murch - Massage and Reflexology Therapist
Massage and Me:
I set up Massage and Me in 2016, after working the busy London commuter life for 10 years. I qualified at the London School of Massage, and am qualified in: Swedish Body Massage, Prenatal Massage Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage Therapy and also Reflexology.
My aim is to give each of my clients the space, time and effective treatment, to help them feel more relaxed in both body and mind. Whether it's for 30 minutes or 90 minutes, time with Massage and Me is all about you.
I am always keen to tell my clients that you don't need to drink a litre of carrot juice every day, nor do 5 hours of yoga each morning to feel the benefits of massage and reflexology therapy. I will never preach to you, nor tell you that you must change your lives. Recognising that you want to take a little slot out of your hectic days to enjoy a treatment is a great sign.
Deep Tissue Massage:
This treatment focuses on using slower movements to release tension and adhesions from deeper layers of muscle tissue. I use my knuckles, elbows and other techniques to unlock deep-rooted tension in the muscles. Deep Tissue Massages are particularly effective for clients experiencing chronic pain or undertaking a lot of physical activity.
Swedish Massages are typically seen to focus more on relaxation, but can also be a powerful stress-release. They are the perfect choice for clients who are looking for some time to ‘switch off’ while giving their tired muscles some recovery time.
Pre and Post Natal
I have both pre natal and post natal treatments, both of which focus on helping to support the body through its natural, yet challenging, changes. These treatments also provide some relaxing, peaceful and nurturing time out during a wonderful (yet tiring!) stage of life.
Reflexology is a non-invasive holistic therapy which aims to deeply relax and ease congestion in the body through treating reflex points in the feet. Reflexology works on the premise that our feet are ‘mini maps’ for the body, and that through easing congestion in reflex points on our feet, this encourages our body to balance and heal itself.
I aim for my reflexology treatments to be deeply relaxing for my clients, and I use waxes to nourish and moisturise the feet.
People with Extra Needs:
In addition, I also have treatments for people with extra needs. Whether they be learning difficulties, clients who have recently had a stroke, who are suffering with a particular condition, or who are on the spectrum and respond well to the sensory benefits of having a massage or reflexology treatment, I am here to help. I just require consent from your Doctor to say that he/she is happy for you to receive massage/reflexology therapy. Please see here on my website for more information on these treatments: http://www.massageandme.co.uk/people-with-extra-needs
Location and Extra Information:
- I work from home, in my lovely treatment room in Buckhurst Hill, and also offer mobile appointments to surrounding local areas (minimal extra charges apply).
- For more information about my massage treatments, please see the Massage and Me website: www.massageandme.co.uk
- I am a registered member of the CThA (Complementary Therapists Association)
Training, qualifications & experience
- London School of Massage - ITEC Level 3 Holistic Body Qualification - Merit - 2016
- London School of Massage - Pregnancy Massage Course Diploma - 2016
- Gateway Deep Tissue Advanced Technique Diploma - 2016
- CThA (Complementary Therapists Association) member
- London School of Massage - Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
Massage and Me Treatments are all the same price:
* 30 mins - £30
* 45 mins - £40
* 60 mins - £45
* 75 mins - £50
* 90 mins - £55
Massage and Reflexology Packages:
- 30 minute-massage & 30-minute Reflexology Treatment (1 hour in total): £55
- 45-minute Massage & 45-minute Reflexology Treatment (90 mins in total): £67
- 60-minute Massage & 60-minute Reflexology Treatment (2 hours in total): £80
For Pre and Post Natal - this cost includes a free 15-minute consultation at the start of each treatment
For mobile massage appointments: please add £3.50 for each mile travelled from Buckhurst Hill
Please see my website for more information: www.massageandme.co.uk
Hope to see you soon.