As a yoga therapist, Emanuela aims at bringing a solution to the issues you would like to address. She adapts yoga techniques and tools to your individual needs and interests taking into account physical, energetic, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects. Gradually you feel more empowered to take care of your own health. Yoga therapy is a self-care approach to wellness. Emanuela has also a special interest in back health and teaches the 12-week 'Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs' course.
As a yoga and meditation teacher, Emanuela offers a variety of classes to suit your requirements of the moment: whether you prefer to practise with other students in big or small classes, or at work with colleagues or even in the comfort of your own home. A successful yoga practice should leave the body relaxed, the mind calm and the heart happy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- First yoga class (Sivananda tradition) nearly 30 years ago and practising regularly since 2001.
- British Wheel of Yoga Teaching Diploma (2009)
- Relax and Renew Trainer (Judith Lasater’s Teaching Certification for Restorative Yoga 2010)
- Yogacampus Yoga Therapy Diploma (2012)
- Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs Institute Certification (2014)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training - Level 1 (2016)
- Meditation Teacher Training (Swami Saradananda) (2017)
- Registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
On-going training as part of the British Wheel of Yoga Continuing Professional Development
• Well woman yoga with Swami Satvikananda
• Yoga for people living with cancer with Julie Friedeberger
• Yoga for people living with osteoporosis with Swami Satyaprakash
• Yoga for pregnant women with Uma Dinsmore Tuli
• Yoga and ME/CFS with Angela Stevens
• Yoga and mental health with Anna Semlyen
• Yoga and the anatomy of the breath with Gary Carter
• Yoga for healthy lower backs with Anna Semlyn
• Yoga for senior citizens with Ruth Gilmore
Various In-Service Training Days on physical practice, yogic philosophy, meditation, breathing techniques and deep relaxation techniques.
On-going training with Yogacampus, the Yoga Biomedical Trust and Triyoga
• Yoga therapy and breast cancer with Dr Nagendra
• Yin & Yang yoga with Paul Grilley
• Structural & ayurvedic yoga therapy with Mukunda Stiles
• Yoga for anxiety with Judith Lasater
• Yoga therapy for herniated disk with Dr Robin Munro
• Yoga and anatomy with Julie Gudmestad
• Yoga therapy fundamentals: a 5-day intensive with Doug Keller
• Yoga as therapy - Prana intensive with Doug Keller
• Walking and Yoga Therapeutics with Sherry Brourman
• Centering down: a 5-day intensive with Donna Farhi
Other relevant training
• Introduction to Feldenkreis with Sabine Blackaby
• Reiki Level 1 with Anne-Marie Carratu
The British Wheel of Yoga
The British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) is a governing body for yoga teachers in the UK which works to accredit other organisations' teacher training programmes as well as listing qualified practitioners on their directory.
The association have their own code of ethics and complaints procedure and all BWY teachers (including students) in the UK and Ireland are covered by Personal Accident, Civil Liability and Instructor Indemnity Insurance.
Fees vary depending on the type of class you would like to enroll. Please enquire.