I am a fully qualified Reflexologist and Reiki Practitioner, who will be pleased to visit you in the comfort of your home.
I first experienced Reflexology 14 years ago, when I had IBS. It completely changed my life, getting to the root of the problem, rather than taking drugs to help symptoms.
Reiki helped me when my mother died after a long illness, and a lot of upset, to help me feel calm, and in control of my life again.
More information on reflexology:
Reflexology dates back to the Ancient Egyptians. On the feet there are 5 zones on each longitudinal zones and 4 horizontal lines. There is the shoulder line, diaphragm line, waistline and pelvic line within each of these areas the foot corresponds to parts of the body i.e above the shoulder line are the sinus, eyes and ears. With reflexology you would give an all over treatment that would incorporate every single part of the body, reflexologists use their thumbs and fingers to walk across the zones if there is an imbalance or a problem in that area, they can feel crystalised like or gritty. At the same time the patient could feel more tender in that area.
Some of the benefits are:
- Relaxation and well being
- Help to release toxins (mental, physical and emotional)
- Can improve elimination of the bowel, repository, bladder and liver
- Increases blood and lymph circulation
- Releases tense muscles and stimulates nerves
- Assists post operative recovery
- Can help IBS symptoms
- These are just a few. Overall regular reflexology can bring about a sense of well being to the mind and body because it stimulates your system and encourages the body to heal itself.
More information on Reiki
Reiki is an ancient form of healing used by Tibetan monks rediscovered by Dr Mikao
Usai in Japan in the 1870's
Re means free passage and Ki is Universal Life Force.
Reiki is an energy healing that also brings about deep relaxtion, balancing emotions and helps release emotional blockage. It also releases stress, anxiety, depression and panic attacks.
There are also numerous physical benefits, these are a few:
- Boosts immune system
- Speeds recovery after surgery and injuries
- Relieves muscular, rheumatic and other types of pain
- Improves muscle-tone - this improves posture
- Strengthens and balances the digestive, and all other systems
It is best to experience Reiki yourself, as each individual has a different experience. Reiki is channelled through the hands, which can get very hot during treatment, according to the clients needs. It is totally non-evasive, so can be done fully clothed.
Animals also can be helped with Reiki.
A recent client has contacted me to say that Reiki did help her tinnitus. It has NOT completely gone, but the noise level in her ear has reduced so much that she can hardly hear it (16/3/15)
Training, qualifications & experience
Member of the AoR
Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology - Principals, practice and techniques of Reflexology
Reiki I and II
£32 per hour for Reflexology
£30 per hour for Reiki
I live near the M25, off of the A127.
Local bus 294 stops at the end of my road.
* I would like to point out I do NOT do full body massage. I have had a number of calls asking for massage. If you take the time to read the details reflexolgy is the FEET, and reiki is healing which is all over the body, but non invasive, as is fully clothed.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
I am available on Tuesday and Thursdays all day, Friday up to 3pm and Saturday mornings.