Dionne Roberts - Declog Body Mind
11 Park Road
Being a body therapist has been extremely rewarding! Partly due to the results I get, but mostly due to the amount of things I learn from others from assisting others on their healing journey.
There is not a dull moment in the exploratory nature of working with the natural intelligence of the human body in how it heals itself.
Since it may be useful to know a little about me from how I work; I will share how I arrived at the work I do as a body therapist. I began as a dancer, who got injured. From my own injury I learned a great deal about health, pain, medicines, the mind (psychology) and its relationship to the body physiology. This lead me to train in a variety of different body work techniques
Holistic Integrated Massage;
At the same time I also began my training as a healer with the Nation Federation of Spiritual Healers and as a Reiki Therapist too. Before graduating in Holistic Massage I did my;
Indian Head Massage - training, which is a technique that is great for mobile work.
The following year I went travelling around South East Asia and fully trained in;
Traditional Thai Yoga Massage - At which time I learned how valuable it is to learn new techniques from each country I visited after I learned Thai massage.
My professional training tock place in the north of Thailand, Chiang Mai, where no oil is applied and lose clothing is worn. This is one of the unique characteristics of Thai massage; it focusses on the energy lines, stretching the limbs mobilising the joints, after the muscles have been warmed up and relaxed.
I came back from Thailand not only as a Thai masseurs, but also a yoga teacher. That year a finished my teacher training program and began teaching full time.
So the way I work is pretty unique as I use all these skills with my clients regardless of the treatment they choose. For example;- You may choose a deep tissue massage. In which case I will pull out Thai yoga massage strokes, when and if they are needed and visa-verse, regardless of the massage chosen by the client. This way you as a recipient will get the best thing you need.
Lastly I recently trained in colonic-hydrotherapy and diet n nutrition and so as a body worker I sometimes give yoga exercise and dietary advise when it is appropriate.
Training, qualifications & experience
Holistic Integrated Massage -
Cranial Sacral therapy,
Thai Massage -
North - with clothes on
South - with the use of oil
Indian Head Massage / Chair Massage
Reiki Therapy III with Spiritual Healing
Other available therapies
My many years of experience has given my an understanding of the body's sociology. Partnered with my training as a Yoga teacher I assess postural alignment and work to balance it in my treatment and within the after care advice I give.
- Full Consultation is taken.
- Reflects the decades of years of experience and the holistic treatment.
- Each session my clients recieve a FULL treatment, no rush to the treatment under an hour, before the next client. Therefore each individuals recieves full care and attention.
- Dietry or exercise advice is given when necessary.
- Distance Healing is offered when it is also appropriate.
- Follow up contact is also made optional.
Holistic Integrated Massage 75 minutes £50
Traditional Thai Massage 75 minutes £50
Indian Head Massage 60 minutes £40
Reiki Therapy & Spiritual Healing 60 minutes £45
Yoga Therapy (one too one) 75 minutes £45
- It is a sad fact that the working life of a masseur is limited by the stress they put on their thumbs, so grab the chance of a massage by Dionne while you can.
- I have MS and have needed a regular massage for many years to release stress from my body -- about 10 years ago I was looking for a new masseur and found Dionne's name in the registered list. I'm used to masseurs anyway but Dionne has an infectious sense of humour that would put anyone at ease. She is easily the most accomplished that I have experienced -- and I have tried masseurs when travelling in India, Japan, Australia, Sri Lanka, USA, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Her great ability is to combine practices from several different schools of massage to suit the individual on that day -- for example joint manipulation, intense pressure, Meridian lines, and the usual techniques from Swedish and sports massage.
- I loved the fact that you never knew exactly what she was going to do during a session, whereas most masseurs are very predictable. She makes a point of caring about you as an individual and takes time to find out how you are before beginning the session -- her compassion is deep and sincere. She doesn't hold back from telling you how to look after your body better. I would recommend Dionne without reservation to anyone.
By Howard Capelin
- I found my Thai massage experience truly amazing. My first words were simply "wow wow wow". What I enjoyed the most was that I was able to be in complete state of relaxation and complete peace. I find it difficult to meditate as my mind often wonders. However, I was able to during this experience.
- I found Dionne calm, caring and very passionate about her gift of helping others. Dionne gives her all during the session and you easily feel her strong presence. Dionne offers a lot more than 'a massage' Dionne offer fantastic Holistic and wellbeing advice to support a Healthy and Holistic lifestyle. I recommend that everyone takes the opportunity to experience a Thai Massage as it allows you to remove both mental and physical stresses on the body.
- I felt very calm and peaceful after my session- a feeling that I have found nearly impossible to achieve elsewhere.
By Kara Thomas
- I had no hesitation with working with Dionne I felt at ease and safe in her hands.
- Dionne has a very down to earth and caring approach and was able to answer my questions thoroughly. She explained the process clearly and I felt she knew what she was doing. As such I was able to relax and I got some quite powerful results from my colonic with Dionne. It was a very spiritual experience. Lots of emotional releases and I was able to see things more clearly and make changes in my life as a result.
- Dionne has a lot of experience in working with the body and as such understands the body well.
- I would recommend her as a colonic therapist.
By Jessica Tasker
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions
Monday - Friday & 1 Saturday per month