Catherine Wells at Forest Bank Therapies, offers a variety of Complementary therapies, all individually tailored to your specific needs. I am an experienced General complementary Therapist, and if you would like to have a chat for more information on any of the Therapies listed please do not hesitate to contact me. I operate on a home visit basis for a small extra charge.
- Bowen Therapy is ideal to use for many muscular skeletal conditions, and is a very gentle treatment suitable for everyone. Gentle moves are made over specific muscles, tendon, and nerves. This can be performed through thin clothing, usually 3 initial treatments are enough with possible regular follow on maintenance treatments if requested. Although the procedure is gentle it can be very powerful and effective treatment for unresolved pain that involves muscles and the skeletal system. Various back problems are a common presentation as are trapped nerves, pulled muscles and ligaments, general stiffness and postural problems. Asthma also usually responds well to Bowen as the Diaphragm is also a muscle.
- General Reflexology and Fertility and Maternity is usually an extremely relaxing treatment for most and may be used during periods of stress related health issues or mental exhaustion. Useful pre, during and post pregnancy or other times when a general increase in wellbeing is sought. This treatment can also be used for children and I have recently completed hands on research with a local primary school, working with children displaying a variety of psychological issues
- Indian Head Massage uses Ayurvedic principles and again is usually a very relaxing treatment, concentrating on the arms, upper back, shoulders and head, various types of massage techniques are used to create a 'releasing' type of experience.
- Hopi Ear Candle treatment takes about an hour and also includes a gentle massage around the ear during the procedure. The client lies on a bed on their side then the turns onto the other. It is generally a warm comforting experience. The treatment works by gently stimulating the ear to repel any build up of wax.
- As a Clinical Aromatherapist, I am qualified to mix suitable Essential oils to benefit the client. These can be applied during some of my therapies if requested such as Reflexology and Indian head Massage. This can help to increase the wellbeing of the client during and after treatment.
- Essential oil Roll-ons. These can be made to order using your favourite oils, or for a specific condition. £9.50 each. Lovely as gifts!
- Aromatherapy Workshops, I run these regularly for lots of different groups of different sizes and ages and these can be geared up for individual situations. A workshop usually runs for two hours and covers the history, various applications and safety of Oils although all areas are covered in some degree. This is a fun two hours and includes a smell test and mixing a choice of essentials oils to practice hand reflexology on each other.
- Guided Meditation. I am a qualified meditation teacher and offer home visits over six weeks, where we will go through various meditations and tailor the course depending on the outcome required. This can be shared with friends to help split the cost.
- The above courses are very popular and are a great idea for a 'hen do', birthday, or just a group of friends to have a great fun get together. Groups upto 15 can be accommodated and can be in a venue of your choice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Federation of Holistic Therapies. (associate member)
- European College of Bowen Studies,
- VTCT, L 3 Reflexology,
- Zen Training Maternity and Fertility Reflexology,
- VTCT Clinical Aromatherapy L3 ,
- City & Guilds Body massage L3
- City & Guilds Indian head massage L3
- Gateway diploma certificate in Meditation tuition.
- Baby Reflex, baby and toddler reflexology tuition.
- ABC First Aid Training
- PTTLS Adult Teaching qualification
- DBS disclosure certificate
Federation of Holistic Therapists
FHT is the largest multi-disciplinary therapy organisation in the UK and has been representing holistic, beauty and sports therapists for over 45 years.
There a number of different membership categories (including Fellows, Member, Student, Associate and Non-Practitioner) which are dependent on qualifications and experience.
FHT enforce high professional standards, and all Members, Fellows and Student Members are required to follow a strict Code of Ethics and Professional Practice.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Other available therapies
Meditation, Guided meditation, therapy retreats, holistic therapy days.
- Bowen Technique therapy. Initial consultation £50 Then £45
- Reflexology £40 (1hr) fertility £40
- Indian Head massage £45 (1hr)
- Clinical Aromatherapy service, personalised mixed oil roll-ons, essential oils wax candles £10 (enquire)
- Hopi Candles £30 (45mins)
- Essential Oil Roll-ons. £9.50 (made to order)
- Personal Guided Meditation £40
A range of appointment times available to suit.