Camelia Pop BTAA, BAUK, BTPA
The Little Haven
2 Canal Street
0161 285 7727 / 07530 284930
Advanced Bowen Practitioner based in Greater Manchester - Droylsden and Middleton. Extensive experience with back problems, hay fever, mobility problems, fatigue, sports injuries, knee problems, frozen shoulder, respiratory problems, allergies, severe digestive problems, etc.
Why Camelia Pop
- You can benefit from the extensive experience of a dedicated specialist Bowen Practitioner.
- By practising exclusively the Bowen technique for 7 years, Camelia Pop guarantees a professional, skillful, analytical approach.
- My highly success rate is due also to thorough consultations, in depth research of existing case studies and also continuous evaluation of how the patients respond to the treatment.
- Patients can have the advantage of being treated by one of the few Bowen Practitioners in North West holding the Specialised Bowen Procedures 2 Certificate (that means being trained in the most advanced Bowen procedures for complex cases).
- You can receive the full range of documented and authentic Bowen procedures taught by Bowtech – the only Bowen training organisation teaching the Original Bowen Technique.
- Practitioner Camelia Pop also holds a B.A. Degree in Biology. She selectively uses her understanding of how organs and systems work to carefully target the underlining cause of your symptoms and apply the most appropriate Bowen techniques. In this way there are more chances for you to get better.
- You are in safe hands to experience the best benefits of Bowen! Camelia is registered with The Bowen Association UK, The Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia and The Bowen Therapy Professional Association.
Please see down the page what my patients say about their results.
A Bowen session consists of a series of gentle moves on skin or through light clothing, with the client usually lying on a bed or massage table, although it is possible to be treated seated. Bowen Therapy is not a form of massage. The body is brought into a state of deep relaxation using very gentle moves that don't involve any sudden or jerky movements, prolonged pressure or friction.
A session usually lasts 1 hour (although it may happen to be 75 min) and frequently results in a deep sense of relaxation. Bowen Technique's ability to re-align and balance the body means it is effective for most conditions.
I abide by the strict Bowen Association UK code of ethics and also the requirements for qualifications and continued professional development. I regularly attend CPD training to continually update knowledge and skills.
Through images of the human body my patients are able to understand the inner dynamics of the treatment and how each Bowen session can impact the healing process for weeks after any treatment.
Training, qualifications & experience
Original Bowen Technique Practitioner accredited by BOWTECH and registered as a professional Bowen therapist with The Bowen Association U.K. BAUK and Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia BTAA. Former member of the BAUK Executive Committee.
I have experience working with babies, children and adults.
I've been working with people with painful joints, Fibromyalgia, fatigue, frozen shoulder, back and neck problems, hip imbalance, Cerebral Palsy and many more. For more information about my work please visit my website.
Fully insured with Holistic Insurance Services.
Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE approved).
B.A. degree in Biology.
Bowen Practitioner Advanced Level
Masters Specialised Bowen Procedures
Working with Neck Pain Course
Hopi Ear Candling Diploma
Prior to becoming a Bowen Practitioner I was a college Biology teacher. Teaching had always brought me great personal satisfaction, and now I get this and much more by seeing my patients' improve with incredible results.
Other available therapies
Ear Candling, complementing the Bowen sessions for the very serious Hay Fever cases.
Photos & videos
Fees for adults
- first consultation £30 (30 min, up to 45 min, without treatment)
- £45 per Bowen treatment session (between 45-75 min)
- £60 first consultation and Bowen treatment (altogether 1 hour 30 min – 1 hour 45 min)
Fees for babies and children
- Babies 0-6 months - £10 for Baby Bowen moves; first consultation and Bowen treatment £30.
- Children up to 16 years old - £30.00 per session (Please allow up to 45 minutes per session); initial consultation and Bowen treatment £30 (approx 1 hour).
What my patients say about their Bowen treatments:
"This was my first Bowen experience and I really enjoyed it. I hurt my foot while pregnant with my 3rd child so I found a lot of walking hurt. After one session the pain has not returned.
I found it a deeply relaxing experience and I was a lot happier afterwards. Thank you Camelia."
"I used to have severe sciatica issues that I couldn't put my socks on. Therefore I needed to take medical leave several times. Since I've been having Bowen sessions my condition has been improved and I don’t need any more medical leave.
I enjoy all Bowen sessions, it makes me relax so much that almost every time I fall asleep.
If I had to use one word to describe Camelia's service it would be: "Exceptional"."
"Before my child had his Bowen treatment, he was sometimes using his inhaler 2-3 times per day and also in the night. Now, he usually just uses it before sport.
Camelia is an excellent Bowen practitioner. She has a lovely, gentle manner which helps the patient to relax. Her enthusiasm about Bowen is easy to see and she gets very good results, in my experience."
"After the first session I felt that the pain, in my lower back and hips (which strikes every winter), was gone, don’t have it anymore. I can’t tell you how relaxing and invigorating that session was.
After that, I have occasionally visited her to treat other minor health conditions. Love going to see her and feel great afterwards."
"The treatment is non-evasive but has totally changed my quality of life. I am no longer in constant pain and for the first time in over 5 years have been given quality of life back. Some of the results have happened during the treatment and some have happened over days. I am no longer taking pain killers on a daily bases, before I started the treatment I needed them to get out of bed. I have a young and active family and this has given them their mum back!! I highly recommend Camelia and this treatment to anyone at any age."
"I have suffered for many years with Fibromyalgia and general illness associated with this condition. After being recommended by a work college who had great success with his treatment I visited Bowen practitioner Camelia Pop. I had visited several times and after managing years of pain, I was amazed at the improvement in my all round well being. My pain reduced to a level where I no longer have trouble with walking and standing. A huge Thank You to Camelia."
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions