69b The Maltings Business Centre
- Helping You Unlock Your Full Potential
- Hello, I’m Belinda Child, the founder and owner of Belinda Child Alexander Technique in Stanstead Abbotts, Hertfordshire. I am a Member of the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique.
- I have more than 20 years of experience in the social care, mental health and homelessness sectors. However, I was so impressed with how the Alexander Technique has helped me that I am now teaching it to others. I completed my training at The Alexander Teacher Training School
- My goal is to improve your health by teaching you how to breathe and move more mindfully. No matter your age, condition or athletic ability, learning the Alexander Technique will enable you to use your body more wisely.
- My Story
- Like many others, I first learned about the Alexander Technique when I was suffering from back pain. A horse riding accident had resulted in a crushing injury to my pelvis during my adolescence. The fracture left me with instability and leg length inequality. As time passed, my spine developed scoliosis as a result of my body compensating for my asymmetry. The condition left me constantly exhausted and in pain.
- By learning the Alexander Technique, I was able to massively improve my quality of life. I regained control over my back pain and learned how to react to life challenges with less stress and anxiety. My confidence has even improved!
Training, qualifications & experience
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions