I have practiced CST in Norfolk for over 20 years, with clinics in Norwich city centre and Hethersett. My main specialities include:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Neuopathies - unexplained and/or hard to treat chrinic pain, including cases of central sensitisation
- Spinal curvatures and conditions that create these (e.g. cystic fibrosis)
- Babies and new mums - feeding and sleeping difficulties, colic, etc
- Complex trauma - where there is shock or PTSD associated with physical injury
- Head/face/jaw problems - including TMD, facial trauma and tinnitus
- Recovery from operations and injuries, including major operations. I have a lot of experience helping ease pain in scar tissue and cording.
Obviously none of the above replaces the normal care you receive from your GP of hospital. In my experience, CST is an alternative to or may complement mainstream physiotherapy, and I have seen excellent remedial results when working with acute or chronic injuries.
I also provide a "personal/spiritual development" service through bodywork and "Resourced Embodied Awareness". Some difficult parts of the personality are not easily amenable to a talking psychotherapy approach because their origin is very early - and so is pre-verbal. My approach is to cultivate health and wellbeing in the body-mind through finding and focussing on health in the body.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Reflexology (Bayly school) 1988
- Upledger Institute CST1,2, SER1,2, TID1, Advanced 1 (from 1994 onwards)
- CCST (London) graduated 1997
- Various biodynamic workshops since then
- Full time CST practitioner since 2005
- 30 years Taiji, Qigong and meditation
- SensoriMotor Psychotherapy Institute 1-year PTSD/trauma module for bodyworkers, 2007
- Worked on the Big C palliative care program, N&N hospital for 1 year
- Volunteer for 1 years at Ferry Cross drug/alcohol rehabilitation centre
The Craniosacral Therapy Association of the UK
The Craniosacral Therapy Association of the UK (CSTA) is a professional organisation which regulates the practice of Craniosacral Therapy in the UK.
Members of the CSTA (registered as RCST) are only permitted to practice after they have graduated from an accredited training school or college and must agree to comply with the Association's Code of Ethics.
All sessions are one hour
Adults : £49
Babies/new mums & children under 16 : £45 first session, £35 thereafter