Joshin Kokyu Ho and Reiki
Technique for Purification of Spirit:
- Joshin - Focusing the mind
- Kokyu - Breath, respiration, inhaling, exhaling
- Ho - Method, Dharma, Principle.
Joshin Kokyu Ho is a meditation or being mindful, it releases all tension from the body, bringing the mental focus to the Hara. It also translates as 'The principle of pure mind/heart through working in harmony with the universe'.
In anything we do with Reiki - be it a Reiki treatment, self-treatment, or running a Reiki course - Joshin Kokyu Ho is always the focus. This deep breathing method brings us to the right space; by deep breathing we start to place the focus within, enabling us to bring our mind back into our body so we are not distracted. This takes a lot of practice, but if we do it every day we will build up the technique, making us stronger and bringing our focus to Reiki. This technique is for all levels of Reiki; it is also there for us at any time, day or night, relaxing us, making us stronger and creating a moment - the only moment.
- Sit and place your hands in Gassho (the prayer position).
- Place your hands in your lap, palms facing upwards.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose, feeling the bright energy flowing down to your Hara filling and expanding your Hara.
- On the out breath feel the bright energy expanding through your body, through your cells and into your surroundings into infinity.
- Repeat this meditation for at least 9 times in order to reap the benefit and build it up over the next few weeks.
- When you have finished, bring your hands into Gassho and give thanks.
You will find that Joshin Kokyu will become a ritual and will bring you deep peace.
Find a therapist dealing with Reiki
All therapists are verified professionals.