Visual reflexology workshop - seeing what the reflexes are telling us
Valid for CPD points l AoR approved l students welcome
Add a new skill to your practice and learn to look at your clients' feet in a completely different way. Visual reflexology is simple to understand and easily used by anyone with even a basic knowledge of reflexology.
This is not about 'feet reading' of the personality. It is based on reflexology as a holistic but physical therapy.
Covered in the workshop, visual skills for:
- Guiding questions to clients.
- Structuring treatments and aiding palpation.
- Assessing your work during and between treatments.
- Techniques based specifically on visual observations.
- Clients with communication difficulties.
- Understanding the nature of the reflexes.
- Seeing imbalances in the body through differences between the left and right feet.
- Photos for record keeping.
- Focus and concentration during treatments.
- The feet as a 3D microcosm of your client, not a 2D chart.
Part one (morning)
- Uses and applications of visual reflexology in your practice.
- Using slides of different feet to consider implications of colour, lines, skin texture, tension and torsion at joints and tendons, tissue health, swellings, markings, etc.
Part two (afternoon)
- Group work - study of each participant's feet in turn to see how much we can tell visually from their reflexes.
- Trying different reflexology techniques based specifically on visual analysis.
Reviews of previous workshops:
"I think we all learned a lot and it will be extremely useful when working with clients. In fact, I've already found it to be so when treating a couple of clients last week." - Mo Bowyer.
"I can thoroughly recommend this workshop. It really helps you to focus on gaining maximum information from the feet before even touching them. Angela is also an extremely good facilitator." - Jerry Snell, West London AoR Group Organiser.
"Just wanted to say that Angela's workshops are really worth putting in your diary. I went to one and can't believe how much I learnt!" - Claire Freedman.
About Angela Telford
About Angela: She has been a practising reflexologist for over 25 years and a therapist for over 30. She runs the Visual Reflex study Facebook group with over 3500 reflexologist members and leads regular workshops throughout the UK and Ireland to develop the study of visual reflexology.