Usui Shiki Reiki level one foundation course
About this course
Our Usui Shiki Reiki level one is the traditional Western branch of Reiki as taught by Hawayo Takata and offers training in a Western format.
There are three levels to the system of Reiki:
- Level one which teaches how to practise healing the self and the basics about helping others. At this level you are heading out on the path to self-discovery, this is just the beginning.
- Level two is where students learn three symbols that aid in focusing the energy. At this level you have the opportunity to develop a professional treatment practice from these teachings.
- Level three focuses on personal development and teaches you how to perform attunements. At this level you move into discovering more about the mysteries of life, how you relate to yourself and the universe. This can be practiced for the rest of your life and is always a personal practice which can develop into a professional teaching practice if you so desire.
In Western branches the word Reiki has been translated as ‘universal energy’. It may be the case that the kanji ‘rei’ was translated as ‘universal’ because the term ‘spiritual’ was not the focus of the Western practice during the twentieth Century and it would have been more acceptable not to refer to it. The word Reiki is also used in the West to represent a healing system.
You will learn about the origins of Reiki and gain an understanding of Reiki practices including the Reiki story, hand positions for treating self and others, how to conduct a Reiki treatment, the Chakra System and the promotion of self healing through ‘life energy’ or the ‘spiritual life force’.
You will receive level one Reiki attunements from a highly qualified and experienced Reiki master/teacher and at this stage will be are able to treat yourself, family and friends.
During the course we:
- Introduce and explain the elements that make up the complete system of Reiki including: Reiki principles for developing spiritual and mental focus
- The human energy system including the Chakra system
- Hands-on healing, self and others
- Four symbols; three at level two and one at level three
- Examine the history of the system of Reiki, the life of its founder, Usui Mikao and his teachings and practice
- Give four attunements. These attunements provide a powerful clearing of the energy channels so you strengthen, cleanse and balance your energy system and prepare to be as pure a channel of Reiki energy
- Practice hands-on healing for performing treatments for self and others.
CPPD points: 10
Prerequisite: There are no formal prerequisite qualifications that you must have prior to undertaking this qualification. You should have a caring disposition and be committed to fulfilling both practical and theory elements. You must attend our centre for the practical elements and work through the theory elements, taking part in online discussions, assessments and reviews with your tutor via our virtual learning environment. Practical elements may be of mixed sex and learners will be required to work on each other.
Duration: This course can be completed in a minimum of two days, on average it takes three weeks to complete the theory elements.
Course delivery: Theory elements are covered online in your own home, in your own time and at your own pace via self study using our virtual learning environment. This theory elements are perfectly suited to online delivery therefore they can be delivered and learning assessed online. You will be fully supported by your course tutor who’s role it is to help and guide you through the process from beginning to end. Both your tutor and assessor will ensure that you not only reach your goals but maintain industry and awarding body standards.
Practical elements are brought to life in a treatment room environment which enhances the learning experience. Therefore compulsory interactive treatment room sessions will be accessed by attending sessions at our centre over a period of 2 days or 2 hours per week, evenings or weekends for 6 weeks with one of our Reiki master teachers Joanne Lee and Cindy Vernon.
Case studies: There is no case study requirement for this course.
Virtual learning resource: Upon enrolment you will be able to login and access your course content. Simply progress through each section, lecture and quiz.
Minimum system requirement: As this course is delivered via our online virtual learning resource there are some minimum system requirements including:
- Laptop, PC or MAC
- Broadband internet connection software requirements
- Browsers IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari or Chrome
- Adobe PDF reader
- Adobe Flash player
- Microsoft word (or equivalent)
Upon completion of both practical and theory elements a Full Spectrum Centre Limited Usui Shiki Reiki level one certificate of achievement will be awarded.
Progression: On completion of this course you may choose to undertake further study; courses you could progress to include:
- Usui Shiki Reiki level two practitioner course
What do I do now?
Begin your journey of self discovery, train for a new career or expand your current skill set, enrol on our Usui Shiki Reiki level one foundation course today...
About Joanne Lee
Joanne Lee, a highly qualified, experienced holistic therapist, tutor and assessor is devoted to providing learners with the very best service whilst upholding VTCT and industry standards. Owner of Holistic Healing Hands she has 17 years experience in providing holistic therapies helping clients meet their expectations and achieve their goals.