Usui Reiki Ryoho level one Shoden foundation course
About this course
Our Usui Reiki Ryoho level one Shoden foundation course will introduce you to the basics of Eastern Reiki and is the foundation on which you need to build on for the next levels.
There are three levels to the system of Reiki:
- Shoden level one which teaches how to practise healing the self and the basics about helping others. At this level you are heading out on the path to self-discovery; this is just the beginning.
- Okuden level two is where students learn three mantras and three symbols that aid in focusing the energy. At this level you discover your hidden inner qualities such as your earth, heaven and heart energy. There is the opportunity to develop a professional treatment practice from these teachings.
- Shinpiden level three focuses on personal development and teaches you how to perform attunements. At this level you move into discovering more about the mysteries of life, how you relate to yourself and the universe. This can be practiced for the rest of your life and is always a personal practice which can develop into a professional teaching practice if you so desire.
Our Usui Reiki Ryoho level one foundation course contains the teachings of Reiki from a Japanese perspective, a branch of Reiki called Usui Reiki Ryoho which focuses on spiritual and personal development.
Usui Reiki Ryoho is a non-westernised form of Reiki which means returning to the very source of the teachings. It has been practised in Japan since the early 1900s, long before the system came to the West. This particular method includes physical and energy enhancing techniques to help practitioners delve deeper into their practice. The difference between the Usui Reiki Ryoho courses and regular Western Reiki courses is that the initiation process, course information and techniques taught stem directly from Japan rather than via the West. The teachings also have a different focus than Western forms of the system of Reiki. The focus is on spirituality and personal development.
This level one foundation course, known as Shoden, meaning ‘first teachings’ or ‘beginner teachings’ in Japanese, has a short Eastern lineage and introduces you to Japanese Reiki meditation techniques and practice. You will also be introduced to the five elements of the system of Reiki, philosophical precepts, breathing techniques and meditations, hands-on healing and performing treatments for the self and others. You will receive Reiju, a spiritual blessing, or attunement from your Reiki master Teacher.
During the course we:
- Introduce and explain the five elements that make up the complete system of Reiki
- Reiki precepts for developing spiritual and mental focus and poetry (Waka) which was written or created (Gyosei) by the Meiji Emporor that ruled at that time
- Techniques and meditations
- Hands-on healing
- Four mantras (Jumon) and symbols (Shirushi); three at level two Okuden and one at level three Shinpiden
- Examine the history of the system of Reiki, the life of its founder, Usui Mikao and his teachings and practice
- Give four Reiju (receiving a spiritual blessing, or ‘attunement’ from one’s teacher). These Reiju and/or attunements provide a powerful clearing of the energy channels so you strengthen, cleanse and balance your energy system and prepare to be as pure a channel of Reiki energy
- Practice hands-on healing (Tenohira) for performing treatments for self and others
- Introduce authentic and original traditional Japanese Reiki techniques as taught within the Shoden level two teachings within Usui Reiki Ryoho, including: Kenyoku Ho (dry bathing technique or brushing off technique), Joshin Kokyo Ho (focusing the mind on one thing with breath), Seishin Toitsu (creating a unified mind or mental concentration), Shuchu Reiki (concentrated spiritual energy).
CPPD points: 10
Prerequisite: There are no formal prerequisite qualifications that you must have prior to undertaking this qualification. You should have a caring disposition and be committed to fulfilling both practical and theory elements. You must attend our centre for the practical elements and work through the theory elements, taking part in online discussions, assessments and reviews with your tutor via our virtual learning environment. Practical elements may be of mixed sex and learners will be required to work on each other.
Duration: This course can be completed in a minimum of two days, on average it takes three weeks to complete the theory elements.
Course delivery: Theory elements are covered online in your own home, in your own time and at your own pace via self study using our virtual learning environment. These theory elements are perfectly suited to online delivery, therefore they can be delivered and learning assessed online. You will be fully supported by your course tutor whose role it is to help and guide you through the process from beginning to end. Both your tutor and assessor will ensure that you not only reach your goals but maintain industry and awarding body standards.
Practical elements are brought to life in a treatment room environment which enhances the learning experience. Therefore compulsory interactive treatment room sessions will be accessed by attending sessions at our centre over a period of two days or two hours per week, evenings or weekends for six weeks with one of our Reiki master teachers Joanne Lee and Cindy Vernon.
Case studies: There is no case study requirement for this course.
Virtual learning resource: Upon enrolment you will be able to login and access your course content. Simply progress through each section, lecture and quiz.
Minimum system requirement: As this course is delivered via our online virtual learning resource there are some minimum system requirements including:
- Laptop, PC or MAC
- Broadband internet connection software requirements
- Browsers IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari or Chrome
- Adobe PDF reader
- Adobe Flash player
- Microsoft word (or equivalent)
Upon completion of both practical and theory elements, a Full Spectrum Centre Limited Usui Reiki Ryoho level one certificate of achievement will be awarded.
Progression: On completion of this course you may choose to undertake further study; courses you could progress to include:
- Usui Reiki Ryoho level two practitioner course
What do I do now?
Begin your journey of self discovery, train for a new career or expand your current skill set, enroll on our Usui Reiki Ryoho level one foundation course today...
Hosted by The Full Spectrum Centre Limited
Joanne Lee, a highly qualified, experienced holistic therapist, tutor and assessor is devoted to providing learners with the very best service whilst upholding VTCT and industry standards. Owner of Holistic Healing Hands she has 17 years experience in providing holistic therapies helping clients meet their expectations and achieve their goals.