Ayurveda massage therapy diploma
Location:Ayur Wellness and Pain Centre
1 High Street
- Find an event in your area
Become a certified ayurveda massage therapist with this 11-day diploma course starting this July at our centre. Learn about basics of ayurveda and external massage therapies in this course. We are accredited by CMA - Complimentary Medical Association for all our courses. This course counts for CPD (Continuing professional Development). The course is suited for different kind of professionals including beauty therapists and massage therapists.
The course covers following topics:
- The basics of ayurveda including tridosha theory, definition of health and disease, introduction to panchakarma and the importance of external therapies in the prevention of illness.
- Theory, demonstration, indications and contraindications of all the below massage therapies:
- Whole body massage/abhyanga.
- Podikhizi/sudation therapy massage.
- Shirodhara/oil pouring on head therapy.
- Pressure point massage/marma massage therapy.
- Udvartana/herbal powder massage.
- Preparation of client form for ayurveda massage therapy.
The course lasts for 11 days and runs on weekends for over five weeks on Saturday and Sunday starting from July 2017.
|Batch one||July - 22nd and 23rd||August - 5th and 6th, 19th and 20th, 26th and 27th||September - 2nd, 3rd and 4th|
|Batch two||October - 14th and 15th, 28th and 29th||November - 4th and 5th, 18th and 19th||December - 2nd, 3rd and 4th|
Course enrollment requires 30% deposit of the course amount. Please read our terms and conditions before enrolling on the course.
Full course price - £1800.
Early bird price - £1600 only.
About the host
Dr.Varalakshmi Yanamandra is ayurveda practitioner with BAMS degree in ayurveda. She is currently the director and chief ayurveda physician at Ayur Wellness and Pain Centre. She is also a teaching faculty in European Ayurveda Academy. She also serves as editorial board member for JAIMS an international ayurveda research journal.