Aromatherapy in residential care (care homes, hospitals, schools)
Date & Time:4th October 2017, 9.30am - 4pm
Location:Shirley Price Aromatherapy Ltd
8 Hawley Road
- Find an event in your area
6 hours CPD
The aim of the aromatherapy in residential care workshop is to provide students with relevant information and skills which will enable them to confidently use essential oils/aromatherapy massage for the benefit of residents in care homes, hospitals or similar.
- Definition of aromatherapy & the benefits.
- How do essential oils work? Olfactory, limbic system and through the skin.
- Practical massage techniques – hand & foot massage.
- Different methods to use essential oils.
- Five safe oils.
- Rules and regulations – risk assessments etc. COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health), storage etc.
- Activities suitable for the venue – practical session.
Please contact Louise at Ascent for an enrolment form to reserve your place as spaces are limited.
At the end of the day you will receive a certificate of achievement.
You will be presented with a folder with all the course notes for the day's workshop in a presentation folder.