Aromatherapy in residential care
Date & Time:11th April 2018, 9.30am - 4pm
Location:Shirley Price Aromatherapy
8 Hawley Road
- Find an event in your area
Aromatherapy and working in residential care.
The aim of the day is to provide students with relevant information and skills which will enable them to confidently use essential oils / aromatherapy massage for the benefit of residents in care homes, hospitals or similar.
- definition of aromatherapy & the benefits
- how essential oils work through olfactory, limbic system and the skin
- practical massage techniques - hand & foot massage
- different methods to use essential oils
- five safe oils
- rules and regulations - risk assessments ie) control of substances hazardous to health (COSSH) storage etc
- activities suitable for the venue - practical session.
About the host
Penny Howell, a highly experienced complementary therapist and tutor.
The venue is 'the world famous' Shirley Price International School of Aromatherapy - founder of IFPA.
Penny's complementary therapy practice has been established for over 24 years and provides CPD and diploma training courses at Ascent-therapies.co.uk Newcastle under Lyme.