Adult mental health first aid two day course
Date & Time:23rd - 26th February 2018, 9.15am - 5pm
- Find an event in your area
The adult mental health first aid two day course was designed by mental health first aid England and is a practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and factors that can affect people's wellbeing, including your own.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a mental health issue.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support.
About the host
Vicky McLelland trained to be as a mental health first aider and instructor in 2017. She has delivered five of these courses between October 2017 and January 2018 and has trained forty six mental health first aiders.
Participants have given very positive feedback about the course, the amount of knowledge they have gained and the the teaching.