- Complementary therapy courses and training schools
Complementary therapy courses and training schools
If you’ve made the decision to become a professional therapist, your first port of call should be to do some research into the type of training you need in order to qualify. If you are planning to take on clients and charge for your services, it is important that you are sufficiently qualified and insured. This is to protect both yourself and your clients.
When it comes to picking a complementary therapy course, understanding the industry standard and knowing which qualifications are recognised within the UK is key. Keep reading for some tips on what to look for in a training organisation/course.
Holistic training courses and schools - what to look for
There are many different training options in the complementary therapy sector and it can be overwhelming knowing where to start. Asking the following questions when researching training schools and courses can help:
- What qualification will I come out with when I’ve completed the course?
- Is this qualification enough to start practising my chosen therapy?
- Is this qualification recognised in the UK?
- If I need further qualifications, does the school offer them or will I need to go elsewhere?
- Can I get insurance with this qualification?
- Is the school/course accredited by a professional body? (Therapy courses do not have to be accredited, but it can add credence to the qualification.)
- What is the teaching environment like? How much attention will I get as a student?
- What approaches are taught in this school/course? Is it the approach I want to learn?
- What qualifications/experience do the trainers have themselves?
- Does the school offer ongoing support?
- What do graduates of the course/school say about it?
Many training schools and organisations will have this information readily available on their website. If you cannot find this information or are unsure, do not hesitate to contact the school directly to ask for more information. Some holistic training courses can be expensive, so you have every right to learn more before parting with your money.
As previously mentioned, there are many complementary therapy training organisations out there and the following examples are not exhaustive, but are a good place to start:
Gateway Workshops Ltd offer training for complete beginners looking for a career change (or for extra income) and also have many courses for existing therapists - something for everyone. High standards of training and experience are incredibly important at Gateway Workshops Ltd, which is why all courses are fully insurable and recognised by leading professional bodies.
This training school has a 15-year proven track record and all tutors are specialists in their own fields and are willing to guide students and offer help and advice where needed.
The Gateway Workshops promise:
- Students who need to repeat their days training can do this free of charge.
- All students are given a complimentary Anatomy and Physiology e-manual.
- All students are given a complimentary therapist accounts package when booking a course.
- Help to find work will be offered to all graduates.
Gateway Workshops Ltd have trained individual students as well as therapists from John Lewis Spa, Champney's Health Resort, Dolce & Gabbana beauty UK and have also trained large professional salons like Dior, The Mandarin Oriental Spa at Knightsbridge and the Sanctuary.
Courses are available for all levels and CPD courses are available for therapists. Gateway Workshops provides recognised, affordable and insurable training allowing students to use therapies professionally to gain an extra income in a clinic, salon or as a mobile therapist.
Venues and dates are available in London, all around the UK, Scotland and Ireland on a weekly basis. Please visit the Gateway Workshops website for dates and full course information.
Amethyst Holistic Training
Amethyst Holistic Therapy Training offers training for beginners and established therapists in a wide range of holistic and beauty therapies. They train small groups and individuals to ensure training is highly personalised.
The setting is professional but friendly and informal and individual tuition ensures a high standard of training delivery. Tutors are also available by email or phone should you have any questions after completing the course.
All courses are accredited by the Professional Beauty Guild and Guild of Holistic Therapists and as such are fully insurable.
To find out more, please visit the Amethyst Holistic Training website.