Yoga poses to release inner emotions
- Begin by positioning yourself on all fours in a squared table pose.
- Slide forward your right knee so that it moves towards your right hand.
- Angle your feet at two o'clock.
- Slide your left leg backwards - as far as you can go.
- Your hips should stay square to the floor so you can open them to the fullest.
- You should start to feel a deep stretch in your right bottom cheek. If not, gently start to slide your right foot forward toward your left hand.
- With practice, you should eventually be able to bring your foot parallel with the front edge of your mat.
- Depending on how it feels, you will be upright on your hands while gently sinking your hips forward and down.
- To get full release in your hips, breathe and release your belly and stay in this position for up to five minutes. Here you can focus on your thoughts and feel the effects of deep breathing.
- Begin on your hands and knees.
- Widen your knees out so they are shoulder width apart, making sure your big toes are touching each other.
- Slowly start to drop your hips back so they rest on your heels.
- Rest your forehead on the floor and you can opt to extend your arms straight out in front or drape them one the floor alongside your body.
- You will now be in the position where you can focus on your breath and rest your body with full attention.
- Continue breathing deeply and feel your spine lengthen.
Find a yoga therapist
All therapists are verified professionals.