12 healing powers of yoga
Yoga has existed for thousands of years, but today it is more popular than ever.
Practiced by over 30 million people worldwide, it is famed for its ability to unify the mind and body and promote healing.
Many people will also seek out yoga therapy treatments, which provide instant relaxation and helps to combat stress, fatigue and other illnesses.
Essentially, by allowing the body to heal and rebalance, yoga boosts happiness and provides a greater sense of ease and comfort.
Below we explore some of the ways in which these healing and health-boosting powers of yoga take place:
- Yoga is a spiritual practice that softens your mind and makes it more open to new ideas and feelings.
- Practicing yoga enables you to stay in touch with your feelings so that you can put your own needs first.
- Many people do yoga to gain clarity on things they experience each day – helping to clear their minds of stress and everyday pressures.
- Yoga can provide a means to overcome negative inner-dialogue and become a stronger person mentally and physically.
- It also provides healing tools to help you cope with stressful life events.
- Yoga can make you aware of tension in your body, so that you can learn to let it go.
- By attending a yoga class you have the opportunity to meet new, interesting, like-minded people.
- With lots of different styles of yoga available, you are sure to find the right one that fits your fitness level and interests.
- Yoga supports you to make healthier food choices.
- Relaxing at the end of a class triggers the healing wisdom that lies in your body.
- Regular practice can greatly improve physical strength, flexibility and mobility.
- Yoga heals by helping you to reconnect with your inner-self and your heart.
If you’re interested in taking up yoga, or want to find out more about yoga therapy treatment, please see our yoga therapy page.
View and comment on the original Mind Body Green article.
Find a therapist dealing with Yoga therapy
All therapists are verified professionals.