Give yourself a holistic energy boost
- Make your first thought of the day a positive one. If you forget, and start to think negatively - turn this around as quickly as possible to put you in a happier frame of mind.
- Do something physical - this could be a few gentle yoga stretches of a heart-pumping cardio session, either way by getting your body moving your energy levels will soar.
- Have a cleansing drink. Hot water and lemon is perfect for this as it is naturally detoxing. If you want to feel more mentally alert, add a sprig of rosemary or for a sweeter treat, add a dollop of honey.
- Eat a balanced breakfast within one hour of waking. Not only will this fire up your metabolism, it will give your energy levels a boost to help you feel more awake for longer.
- Run yourself a warm bath with orange and bergamot essential oil and visualise the water washing away your worries and tension.
- Have an aromatherapy shower by dropping some essential oils onto the bottom of the shower so they release there scent when warms water rushes over it. Again, spend some time visualising the water cleansing your mind as well as your body.
- Clear your head by gently tapping your knuckles against your head for a few minutes.
- Inhale tea tree oil to feel a sense of calm and clarity during a stressful moment.
- Hold a piece of quartz crystal over your solar plexus (under your sternum and above your navel) and imagine that you are breathing in vibrant energy and breathing out negative energy.
Find the complementary therapist for you
All therapists are verified professionals.