It's February: freezing, damp and dark. The lack of Vitamin D from sunshine means our immune systems are at their weakest points, and the season of hacking coughs, streaming eyes and constant sniveling is upon us.
No one wants a contagious, shivering wreck sitting in the office, but often missing a few days of work is not an option. So how to get better quickly?
1. Olbas Oil inhalation - Very simply, boil a kettle full of water, pour into a bowl with a dash of Olbas oil, pop a towel over your head and take deep, steamy breaths to loosen up those blocked sinuses.
2. Hot toddy - Choose your favourite mug, add hot water, a squeeze of lemon, a dollop of honey and a generous dash of whiskey, sit back and enjoy.
3. Garlic - A herb esteemed by ancient Egyptians and vampire-slayers alike, garlic is thought to hold anti-bacterial properties and fight against infection. Garlic is a natural antibiotic and easy to slip into everyday cooking-and it tastes fantastic.
4. Citrus - Vitamin C helps boost the immune system and fight against infection. Citrus fruit is particularly high in Vitamin C, so have lemon in your tea, oranges for your snack and grapefruit juice when you're thirsty for that much needed energy boost.
5. Hot curry - There's nothing like a hot, spicy curry to clear clogged passages and restore the senses. Add an extra sprinkling of hot chili flakes to really feel the kick.
For respiratory problems, you might consider physiotherapy. Follow the link to discover more.
To find a therapist near you, please use our therapist search tool.
Share this article with a friend