01606 881954 / 07795 243346
Hello, I offer lessons in the Alexander Technique, Bowen Therapy and Mindfulness courses to people in Cheshire. My practice is in easy travelling distance from Northwich, Knutsford, Chester, Nantwich, Warrington, Runcorn, Frodsham and Tarporley.
People visit me with a range of health conditions including neck, back and shoulder pain, pregnancy pain, arthritis, headaches and migraines, digestive and respiratory problems, pelvic misalignments and postural imbalances. I also work with people who want to build their confidence and improve their posture for stage, musical, business or sports performance.
How can I help you?
The Alexander Technique
This hands-on, mind-body awareness technique can help to relieve pain and improve poise, ease of movement, balance, coordination and confidence. Many people come for lessons to improve their posture or enhance their business, sport or stage performance or simply just to help them to relax.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines now recommends the Alexander Technique as one of the ways to improve lower back pain. It is also used by many people to help sciatica, neck pain, shoulder pain, pregnancy pain and to support people with Parkinson’s disease.
If you prefer a very gentle therapy to help relieve pain, emotional stress and anxiety, I also offer the Bowen Technique. This is a holistic, hands-on technique with no force or manipulation. It can help you to experience a very deep state of relaxation allowing your body to rebalance and heal itself. People come for Bowen therapy with a wide range of conditions from lower back pain, shoulder and neck problems, to jaw misalignments, respiratory and digestive complaints, fertility problems, migraines and more...
Mindfulness Courses and Classes
Daily mindfulness practice can bring calmness and a greater sense of wellbeing into our lives, helping to relieve stress or pain and enabling us to take a new perspective on life's ups and downs. I offer mindfulness courses in Weaverham, Northwich, Cheshire.
In these sessions there is the opportunity to learn to tune into life moment by moment, using guided mindfulness practice, when we will be noticing our thoughts, emotions, feelings and bodily sensations while sitting, lying down or in gentle movement. This can help us to recognise unhelpful patterns so that we can make a choice to move from reacting on autopilot to responding with awareness, before our health starts to suffer. In the sessions, we will be learning to use the breath or body as an anchor to calm and settle us.
All activities can be done in a chair if you prefer.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) & PhD (The University of Liverpool)
- Diploma of Proficiency in the Bowen Therapeutic Technique (Bowtech) with the Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia (2001)
- Alexander Technique Teaching Certificate (2003): completed a three-year full-time teacher training course with the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (STAT) at Cumbria Alexander Training School and Manchester Alexander Technique Training School.
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Course Level 1 (TTC1) and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Training with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) University of Bangor (2015)
- Studying mindfulness at Bangor University on the postgraduate programme
- Member of the Bowen Association UK (BAUK)
- Member of the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (MSTAT)
- CNHC register for Alexander Technique Teachers and Bowen Therapists
I am bound by a strict code of professional conduct and competence and hold professional indemnity insurance.
All Alexander Technique and Bowen Therapy sessions in Hartford, Cheshire cost £40 for 45-60 minutes
The next 8-week mindfulness course for stress relief and wellbeing starts on Wed 28 September in Weaverham from 7.15-9.15pm.
Course cost: £95 including an orientation session and mindfulness practice day.
Please call or email to for more information or to reserve a place. M: 07795 243346 E: firstname.lastname@example.org or see website www.mindfulcalm.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Hartford, Cheshire Tuesday-Thursday 8am-8pm