Therapy In Praxis
The Old Stables And Granary
Haggs Farm Business Park
Therapy in Praxis of York and Harrogate offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment programmes designed to help a child to achieve sensory integration. We also recognise and help children with specific sensory and motor-learning difficulties.
Therapy in Praxis have highly skilled and experienced practitioners in a range of therapy approaches for children – a multidisciplinary therapy service providing occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech and language therapy.
Therapy in Praxis are specialists for children and adolescents, [0 – 19 years?] across a range of settings throughout the North of England, we also cover a wider geographical consensus nationally and internationally.
Training, qualifications & experience
Therapy in Praxis is dedicated to helping children improve self-awareness, self-confidence and self-esteem through the medium of play that involves a rich and purposefully directed range of sensory experiences. Our strategy at Therapy in Praxis is to combine individualised treatment sessions, home programming and therapeutic groups to build children’s skills and help them better adapt to life’s day-to-day challenges. We provide a safe and friendly environment for learning and practicing new skills. And we stay on top of emerging evidence, incorporating the latest successful therapies into our practice.
Our approach includes not only the therapy-related activities themselves, but also integration of new and improved skills into everyday activities. We teach parents and caregivers to support the young person and provide them with a clear understanding of its benefits, as well as how it fits into the total picture of the child’s therapy.
Therapy in Praxis recognises just how important it is for a young person to experience success and for the well-being of the family and support system to be able to see measurable changes in every area of the young person’s life. We have found this comprehensive approach leads to lasting results, not only in a therapeutic setting but also in the young person’s school, home and community.
Sensory Integration and Sensory-Based Approaches
- Ayres Sensory Integration Therapy [Advanced Practitioners, including SIPT Training]
- The Alert Program©
- Wilbarger Protocol Brushing Program ©
- Auditory Integration, including certified providers of The Listening Program® [TLP], FastForWord™, Interactive Metronome®, CogMed©, iLs©
- Bobath Certified [Neurodevelopmental Approach]
- TheraSuit Method™ and Spider Therapy
Physical and Movement Based Approaches
- Rebound Therapy [Level 2, and Into Mainstream]
- Institute for Neuro-Physiological Psychology; INPP©
- Certified CrossFit Level 1 and CrossFit Kids
- Brain Gym©
Emotional and Attachment
- Sensory Attachment Intervention©
- Attachment Lead in Schools Training
- Development Dyadic Psychotherapy [DDP]
- Theraplay [Intermediate]
Feeding and Oral Placement Approaches
- Oral Placement Therapy
- SOS Approach to Feeding
Autism Spectrum Disorder and Pervasive Disorders
- ADOS-2 and ADI-R Trained [Research level]
Member organisations *
Discussed on case basis with parents/ commissioners.
Maps & Directions