The Chinese Medicine Sanctuary
The Fountain Centre
Royal Surrey County Hospital
114 Moyser Road
The Chinese Medicine Sanctuary provides traditional Chinese medical treatment including acupuncture and herbal medicine in Surrey, Kent and South West London by a highly qualified English practitioner trained in both the UK and in China, and registered with both the British Acupuncture Council and the Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine (two of the UK’s main regulatory bodies).
Clinics are available in Guildford, Streatham & Oxted as well as home treatments.
Robin Burby is the owner and practitioner of the Chinese Medicine Sanctuary, please click on the following for his profile:
Training, qualifications & experience
5 year full time joint degree with Beijing University of Chinese Medicine and also Middlesex University - awarded Bachelor of Medicine and 1st class honours respectively.
3 year full time degree in Business Administration from Cardiff University.
Volunteer at the Fountain Centre where I have been treating people with cancer since 2008.
Special interest in:
- dermatological conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc.
- Pain - both acute and chronic
- cancer support
- fertility - both natural and assisted treatments for both men and women
Nearly 20 years experience in both teaching and learning traditional Chinese kungfu, taichi and qigong.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
|First Consultation with acupuncture||£75 (up to 1.5 hours)|
|Follow-ups with acupuncture||£50 (normally 45 mins to 1 hour)|
|Initial Herbal Medicine appointment||£40 (45 minutes)|
Herbal medicine consultation
|£30 (30 minutes)|
|Herbal medicine||Price dependent upon prescription|
Robin is also available for providing talks and often has done these for free including talks to:
- Respiratory consultant and team at the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey
- Local Baptist church congregation, Sevenoaks
- Farnborough medical lecture society, Farnborough, Hampshire
- St Luke's Cancer Centre, Guildford, Surrey
- Champneys Forest Mere Health Resort, Liphook, Surrey
- The Fountain Centre, Guildford, Surrey
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions