Tanga Okondo-Totterdell - Therapy at no.7
Holistic Therapy At No.7
7 Giles Coppice
Tanga has worked in the field of wellbeing for over 15 years and has a broad experience of bodywork. Based in Dulwich, her treatments help boost the immune and energetic systems of the body, whilst she creates a quiet space for deep relaxation and re-energising to occur. She believes both complimentary and conventional approaches to health can work together for the greatest good of the recipient, and her treatment modalities are Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Zero Balancing and Body Massage.
1) Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a light massage technique that improves the function of the lymphatic system. Applied without oil, it encourages immune cell function, the removal of accumulated fluid, and a calming of the nervous system to reduce pain and lower blood pressure.
In particular, Tanga uses MLD to help treat medical swelling like lymphoedema, which can occur anywhere on the body and may result from trauma through surgery or cancer treatment. She also assists with the management of venous insufficiency and lipoedema. These, and similar conditions may require medical compression therapy in addition to massage.
Tanga also uses MLD to help speed recovery after cosmetic surgery and liposuction, where it can be applied immediately post such interventions, due to it's gentle nature.
Her range of clients vary with some referrals via the NHS and privately.
2) Zero Balancing (ZB) is a touch therapy using specific finger pressures, massage movements and held stretches to facilitate the release of deep tension within the body. Tanga finds the addition of Zero Balancing helpful in supporting the mainstream of her lymphoedema clients, assisting them with a better self-image and sense-of-ease within their bodies.
3) Combined Therapy: Tanga also offers Body massage which includes face and foot reflex sequences, A Lymphatic drainage facial with foot pampering, and Zero balancing with MLD. Combining her best modalities to suit her clients needs.
At her W1 address she exclusively offers The Gagnon Facial - an anti-ageing programme using gentle and effective tools for radiant skin (www.gagnontherapies.com).
Training, qualifications & experience
Tanga has an honours degree in sports science, and began her career as a fitness professional in Staffordshire, teaching RSA certified exercise-to-music classes.
She diversified into the healing arts, gaining qualifications with the International institute of sports therapists (IIST), the association of reflexologists (AOR) and the college of naturopathic medicine's (CNM) certification in basic systematic kinesiology (TASK).
She trained at Raworth International and the Clare Maxwell-Hudson school of massage.
She worked as a sports/remedial aromatherapist in Kingston and Wimbledon, then moved to central London to provide face and body treatments at Gagnon Therapies ltd.
For the past 8 years at no.7, she has specialised in manual lymphatic drainage and zero balancing - fluid, emotion and energetics of the body being an area of particular interest to her.
She is a qualified Vodder manual lymphatic drainage (DLT) therapist with the Vodder school in Austria, and is a certified Zero Balancer through the ZBAuk.
Tanga is a Member of:
- MLDuk (Manual lymphatic drainage uk)
- ZBAuk (Zero balancing association uk)
Other available therapies
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (Vodder DLT)
- Body massage & sports injury
- Zero balancing
- Post cosmetic surgery
Please enquire. Treatment times vary.
Clinic times are: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, - 10am to 8pm.
Travelling to No.7:
By Train: The nearest train stations are Gipsy Hill and Sydenham Hill,
both a 15 minute walk to the door.
By Bus: Bus nos.3 and 450 stop at Kingswood drive (Dulwich wood park) bus stop,
a 5 minute walk to the door.
Free parking is available on site.
Maps & Directions