119 South Lane
02089 496345 / 07941 898896
Olwen has been practising sports and remedial massage since 2001. Olwen is also a UK Athletics Level 3 Performance Running Coach and coaches athletes regularly. She has run 26 marathons during 30 years of running and knows all about injuries and how they come about!
Sports massage can assist in the healing and repair of damaged muscles, ligaments and nerves. Sprains, strains and trapped nerves may be relaxed and released with deep tissue massage, and ultrasound may assist in enhancing the quality of the repair.
If you are badly injured you may feel some discomfort during treatment but the benefits far outweigh any pain. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may only need one session, but if it's chronic it could take 2-3 or even up to 6 treatments in more severe cases.
The relief that may be felt following a deep tissue massage is indescribable. Being able to walk without pain, or stand up straight, or bend over to put your shoes on without pain is a relief in itself. And talking of shoes, plantar fasciitis may be successfully treated with deep tissue massage and ultrasound.
If you are in need of treatment and are looking for pain relief, or just need a maintenance massage or pre or post race massage, please get in touch with Olwen.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Anatomy Physiology & Body Massage (2000)
- Sports Massage (2001)
- Indian Head Massage (2002)
- Balanced Health Using Kinesiology (2003)
- Biomechanics & Running Shoe Analysis (2005)
- Myofascial Release (2005)
- Taping & Strapping (2005)
- Thai Sports Massage (2006)
- Natural Face Lift Massage (2007)
- Electrotherapy Ultrasound (2008)
- Indoor Cycling Instructor (2008)
- Advanced Massage for Pelvis, Hips & Legs (2009)
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (2009)
- UKA Level 3 Performance Running Coach (1993)
- YMCA/RSA Exercise to Music Instructor (1993)
- First Aid at Work
Registered Member of
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
- Complementary Therapy Association
- Federation of Holistic Therapists
- International Therapy Examination Council
- Associate Member of Applied System Kinesiology
Accredited register membership
Other available therapies
Sports & Remedial Massage Therapy with Ultrasound treatment
£20 per half hour
£40 per hour
Advice can be given on strengthening and stretching exercises specific to any injury. Rest and recovery are just as important as exercise and all three elements combined should help to reduce injury. Posture and lifestyle also play an important role in how your body responds to exercise.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions
Monday-Thursday 10.00 am - 8.15 pm