The Natural Way
10 High Street
Addiscombe Osteopathic Practice
242 Lower Addiscombe Road
My name is Munira Rasul and I practice various forms of massage therapy with a passion dedicated to helping those suffering from stress and various forms of musculoskeletal injury. I have been able to help my clients find relaxation and put them on a road to a more pain free recovery.
My company is Tri-Essence Therapies. Why Tri? I take a holistic approach to wellness by aiming to relax, revive and renew your mind and body.I am a fully qualified sports & remedial massage therapist and a member of the Institute of Sport & Remedial Massage. I work from three treatment rooms; one in a health shop, The Natural Way in Banstead where I work Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 9am-5pm, in Addiscombe at Addiscombe Osteopathic Practice where I work mainly Tuesday & Thursday evenings until 8pm but some afternoons are available on request and finally, I'm available at My PT Studio in central Croydon every Wednesday 3-8pm. STRICTLY BY APOINTMENT ONLY. Please contact me to book your appointment and discuss your needs. I do not operate a walk in practice.
I have a BTEC level 5 diploma in Sports and Remedial Massage from the prestigious London School of Sports Massage and I also trained in Brighton at the College of Classical Massage where I gained an ITEC level 3 diploma in Holistic massage in 2010.
Sports and remedial massage therapy combines general and deep tissue massage with specific stretching and muscle contraction techniques to improve muscle health. The benefits of this style of therapy is felt quite quickly due to its direct approach and is suitable for people of all ages.
Sports and remedial massage therapy is strongly associated with athletes but it can be used to treat a wide range of problems. It is essential for the treatment of postural and musculoskeletal problems which can be caused by occupational habits, stress, injuries (sports and non-sports) and poor exercise technique. With regards to occupational habits, these are common problem areas:
- Back of the neck into the base of the skull – can lead to tension headaches.
- Upper shoulders and tightness and pain between the shoulder blades
- Lower back pain, sometimes as low as the base of the spine.
- Hip pain, sometimes sciatic pain causing pins and needles and numbness.
- Knee pain
This list is not final, as many soft tissue problems and conditions can occur from the stresses and strains of normal life.
For the regular gym user or sports person, sports and remedial massage should be used in conjunction with training schedules as this therapy can bring awareness of the recipient’s own musculoskeletal dysfunction. Treatments taken regularly will help improve training, enhance performance, aid in recovery and reduce the potential for injuries.
In summary, the main benefits of sports and remedial massage are:
- Massage can encourage the opening up and stretching of the body’s permeable membranes and force a better flow of interstitial fluid and blood under greater pressure. This eliminates waste more efficiently and generally improves the health of tissue in the longer term.
- Improve the extensibility of scar tissue which naturally forms when muscle fibres get torn.
- Remedial massage can help loosen adhesions and ‘knots’ in muscles as well as the connective tissue surrounding them reducing pain and tightness.
- When we’re stressed our bodies release stress hormones which increase heart rate, blood pressure and breathing rate and shut down metabolic processes such as digestion, reproduction, growth and immunity. Being constantly stressed can eventually run down the body which is when illness can take hold. Massage has a calming effect on the nervous system which allows the recipient to relax. De-stressing and relaxation is important to allow the body to begin to heal itself.
- Improve recovery times and help prevent further injury.
- Remedial massage can help identify and improve postural problems.
Treatment times are 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 60 minutes. A full consultation will be taken at the first appointment. You will be asked about medical / health issues you are currently being treated for but all information is held in strict confidence.
I also practice Hot Stones massage (only available in my Banstead practice) which is not only a relaxing therapy but the heat is said to have an analgesic effect on pain amongst many other benefits and can be used in a remedial way. I also have a diploma in Indian head massage which can be an extremely relaxing therapy also may be beneficial for tension headaches and stuffy sinuses. I also practice the increasingly popular facial rejuvenation massage which is a facial massage used to lift and brighten the complexion without the use of products and oils so great if you have sensitive skin. This has quickly become my second most popular treatment behind massage as my clients quickly realise the amazing affects that can be achieved from this wonderful treatment. I am also trained in pregnancy massage and Ayurvedic foot massage which is a relaxing treatment perfect for those on their feet a lot or try this with a half hour back, neck and shoulder massage to experience complete relaxation.
I am happy to have a chat about your treatment options so please do not hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
These are my qualifications and the training I have undertaken:
- BTEC Level 5 diploma in Sports & Remedial Massage, London School of Sports Massage (LSSM)
- ITEC Diploma in Holistic massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Foundation in Advanced Clinical Massage, Jing Institute, Brighton
- Certificate in Hot Stones Massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Certificate in Pregnancy Massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Certificate in Classical Onsite Massage, The College of Classical Massage, Brighton
- Level 1 Certificate in Myofascial Release Techniques, The College of Massage, Brighton
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage, London Centre of Champissage International
- Diploma in Facial Rejuvenation, London Centre of Champissage International
- Workshop in Treating Hip & Pelvis pain, Jing Institute, Brighton
Other available therapies
Sports & Remedial Massage
Indian Head Massage
Hot Stones massage
Myofascial release techniques
Facial Rejuvenation massage
The Natural Face-lift
Deep Tissue Massage
Photos & videos
Prices at The Natural Way, Banstead, Addiscombe Osteopathic Practice and My PT Studio, Croydon:
90 minutes £65.00
60 minutes £45.00
45 minutes £40.00
30 minutes £35.00 (only at Banstead. Minimum 45 minutes at Addiscombe)
Hot stones 60 mins full body £50 (Banstead only)
Facial Rejuvenation is a 60 minute treatment.
Maps & Directions
Banstead: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday daytime 9-5 approx Addiscombe: Tuesday, Thursday evenings My PT Studio, 40-44 St Georges Walk, Croydon - Wednesdays 3-8pm