Monica Brusik BSc Acupuncture (Hons.) Dip Qi Gong Tui Na Massage Acupressure
33 Greyhound Road
020 7381 5727 / 07787686586
Monica's interest in natural health started from early age, learning from her grandparents (western herbs, reiki and crystal healing) and her mother (reflexology, massage therapy and aromatherapy). In her family natural health was always the first choice for treatment.
During treatments Monica combines acupuncture, Tui Na massage, cupping, dietary and life style advice to help her patients gain good health and joy in life. She has an interest and experience in treating digestive disorders, sleeping problems, stress/anxiety, treatment of menopause, postural problems and pain management. She believes that it is an understanding of different natural therapies and practical advice, used in combination with modern medicine, which creates lasting results for patients.
Over the years Monica has develop great interest in ancient forms of treating such as frequency therapy, hydrotherapy or crystal healing. Monica firmly believe that it is the combination of all different natural therapy forms, nutritional therapy as well as the modern medicine that creates ultimate and lasting result for patients. Her believes were confirmed when she joined a multidisciplinary clinic, where she was able to see how and why different different therapies works on its own and combined. From this experience Monica is now confident to recognize the particular needs that her patients might have and will encourage them to work with other recommended therapists for the best results.
Training, qualifications & experience
Specific interest in Chinese Medicine was brought on by her Tai Chi/Qi Gong teacher at the Mei Quan Taichi Academy, in 2007. Since then she would made a friends in the local Chinese Medicine shop were she would be successfully treated, and consequently learning about Chinese culture and their medicine. In 2009 Monica has joined the University of Westminster to study Chinese Medicine.
Monica graduated from the University of Westminster with a diploma in Qi Gong Tui Na (Chinese Massage) in 2012 and has completed a BSc degree in Chinese Medicine Acupuncture in 2013. She is currently completing her MSc degree in Chinese Herbal Medicine (2016).
Monica has assisted and observed experienced doctors in the Taichung (2012) China Medicine University Hospital as a part of International Cross-Culture course. This was an eye opener to how powerful and fully comprehensive Chinese Medicine system is. This experience has encourage Monica to expand her knowledge to all aspects of Chinese medicine. Monica would immediately further her knowledge with training in Qi Gong Tui Na - Chinese Medical Massage with one of the most recognized teacher in the field, Rosey Grandage (2012).
Continuing Professional Development:
- Quality Control in CHM UK (Avicenna 2016)
- CHM Bristol Treaining (CHM Botanic Gardens 2015)
- Emergency First Aid at Work (2015)
- Gentle Birth and Forgotten Placenta with Jill Miller (BAcC reg. 2014)
- The Meaning of Pulse with Frances Turner (BAcC 2014)
- Treating Autism with Chinese Medicien with Julien Scott (BAcC 2014)
- Hippocrates Health Institute's Holistic Approach to Health & Vitality with Dr Brian Clement (UHA 2013)
- Understanding Lumbar Pain with Elisabeth Rochat de la Valle (UoW 2013)
- Acupuncture in Assisted Fertility: Strengths and Limitations with Eva Stecz (EMSS 2013)
- Beyond Liver Qi Stagnation: The Treatment of Damage Due to the Emotions by Chinese Herbal Medicine with Volkar Scheid (EMSS 2013)
- Emotional Disorders and the Liver with Dr. Eric Karchmer (EMSS 2013)
- Reality and Results of Reseatching the Normal Practice for the Treatment of Menopause with Katie Scamptom and Ann Bradford (EMSS 2013)
- The Truth about Dentistry and Oral Health with Dr Brian Clement (CNM 2012)
- Natural Anti-Aging, Longevity & Healing Chronic Illness Natural for Optimum Health with Dr Brian Clement (UHA 2011)
Photos & videos
- Tuina massage with acupuncture (60min) £50.00
- Tuina massage with acupressure (60min) £50.00
- Acupressure (40min) £35.00
- Acupuncture first treatment with consultation (70min) £50.00
- Acupuncture follow up (40-50min) £45.00
- Cupping with Tuina massage (60min) £50.00
- Cupping (40min) £35.00
- Low-cost/concession £35.00
- Ear acupuncture/ Ear seeds (30min) £20.00
- Home visits available
Maps & Directions
Monday 11am - 7pm, Thursday 5pm - 8pm & Sunday 10am - 4pm.