Think, Believe, Achieve Ltd.
I am a highly specialised neuro-rehab occupational therapist, with over 14 years experience. I have worked at specialist centres of excellence in the UK and Ireland, and also with people following injury and illness in their own homes. I have previously presented at the 2012 National Stroke Forum in Harrogate. I also work as a coach for those who want help with achieving their life goals.
I can provide:
- Bespoke rehabilitation programmes looking at specific task retraining/ adaptive techniques/ aids and home adaptation advice
- Upper limb and functional cognition assessment and treatment/ or management strategies
- Manual handling assessment and training for family/ carers
- Memory strategies; creating "dementia friendly" environments to promote independent living
- Mindfulness training
- Sleep improvement strategies
Give me a call to discuss what you need support with, and see how occupational therapy could help your current situation.
Training, qualifications & experience
HCPC registration number OT 35147
BSc. (Hons) Occupational Therapy - 2002 - University of Southampton, UK.
British Association of Hand Therapists, Level 1 Hand and Upper Limb Therapy - 2004 - Hand Dynamics, Ireland.
MSc module Towards Self Management After Stroke (part of MSc Rehabilitation) - 2011 - St George's School of Medicine and Health sciences: University of London.
Worked at St George's NHS Trust, Beaumont Hospital (Ireland), Chelsea and Westminster NHS, Sydney South West Trust (Australia), Mater Hospital (Ireland), Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability, Bart's Health NHS Trust, Central London Community NHS Trust, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust, Barnet Enfield and Haringey NHS Trust, Hertfordshire County Council.
I have previously worked as clinical lead OT for stroke. I love helping people achieve their goals and years of experience have not dulled my enthusiasm!
Available on request
Maps & Directions