Brixton Acupuncture And Shiatsu Space
34-44 Tunstall Road
What Shiatsu can do for you
Shiatsu is a truly holistic bodywork treatment, which has roots in Traditional Chinese Medicine and in Japanese manual therapies. Shiatsu is a deeply relaxing treatment, so you can benefit from a calm space to come back to yourself, re-evaluate your priorities and focus on your own wellbeing, whether physical, mental, emotional or spiritual. When done regularly, Shiatsu is transformative and can help you deal better with major life changes, manage the symptoms of a health problem (alongside your medical treatment), or maintain your wellbeing as a preventive approach.
How does Shiatsu work?
Qi (also spelled Chi or Ki) is our life-force, according to the Oriental Medicine. A balanced flow of Qi is essential to support good health. Qi flows in channels or energy pathways in the body, and each channel has different qualities and functions. Shiatsu works directly on the body's energy flow, releases blockages, and supports the body to rebalance and heal itself.
My approach is to facilitate an open, safe space where you can re-connect with a sense of balance and wellbeing and where positive change happens. Every session is unique and will address your specific needs. I will also support you to make and maintain lifestyle changes to improve your overall health. Each session includes finger pressure along the energy channels and on acupuncture points along the whole body, as well as gentle stretching and releasing techniques. Unlike massage, Shiatsu is given over clothes; loose and comfortable clothing is best.
If you have specific health issues, please feel free to contact me to discuss how Shiatsu may help you.
Gift a Shiatsu treatment
If you would like to offer a treatment as a gift for a loved one, please contact me to purchase gift vouchers.
Training, qualifications & experience
I practice Shiatsu professionally since 2007 and have been working in the health sector since 1997. I also practice Qigong and Tai Chi, which inform my Shiatsu work and personal development.
- Diploma in Qigong Teaching, Shiatsu College 2015
- NLP Practitioner Diploma, 2014
- MRSS Registered with the Shiatsu Society UK, 2009
- Professional Diploma in Shiatsu, Shiatsu College 2007
- MA Dance Movement Therapy, City University 2000
£50 - the session is 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Accessibility: The treatment space is on the ground floor.
- Public transport: The clinic is only 2 minute walk from Brixton Underground station, on a quiet residential street.
- Parking is restricted in the surrounding streets until 6.30pm.
- Booking requests: when submitting an online enquiry to book a shiatsu session, please be aware that your booking has not been confirmed until you have been contacted by phone or email.
- Payment can be made by cash or cheque at the time of the session.
- Cancellation policy: I ask that 24 hour notice is given for cancellations. Otherwise a cancellation fee may be payable.
- Data protection: I comply with data protection principles and your personal information will be kept secure and not shared with anyone, unless required to do so by law.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions
Daytime, evening and Saturday appointments available. Latest appointment 8pm.