I am a physiotherapist that specialises in treating individuals with neurological conditions; this includes Stroke, Brain injury, MS, Parkinson's, Spinal cord injury, Guillain-Barre and other neurological conditions.
I treat people in their own home environment and cover the areas of Somerset and Wiltshire. I have 8 years clinical experience, working in both the NHS and Private sectors and am registered with the HCPC and CSP.
Training, qualifications & experience
Degree: BSc. Hons Physiotherapy - 2.1
- Bobath Introduction. Janice Champion. Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey:
“What is Normal Movement?” (2 days, 22-23/11/08). Assessment & Treatment (2 days, 10-11/01/09). Assessment & Treatment (2 days, 07-08/02/09).
- SSNP Stroke Conference, Manchester (2 days, completed 09-10/09/10).
- Acupuncture Foundation Course. Lesley Pattenden, Bradley Associates, Rochdale (6 days, completed 18/11/10).
- Bobath Gait & Balance workshop. Jenny Williams. Macclesfield Hospital (1 day,16/07/11).
- Bobath Recovery of the Upper Limb workshop. Jenny Williams. Macclesfield Hospital (1 day, 05/11/11).
- Saeboflex functional dynamic hand orthoses. Horsham Hospital (2 days 26-27/10/12).
- Huntington’s Disease Forum. Basingstoke Hospital (1 day 09/11/12).
- Developments in Spinal Injury. The Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre, Salisbury District Hospital (1 day 13/12/12).
- Functional Electrical Stimulation. Odstock, Salisbury District Hospital (1 day 14/12/12)
- Managing Behaviours that Challenge in Brain Injury. Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability, Putney (1 day 29/01/13).
Treatment - £50 per hour
Travel - £10 flat rate and £1 per mile from BA2 7HA
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions