‘Private Speech Therapy NI’ is an Independent Specialist Speech and Language Therapy service for children based in Northern Ireland covering the Greater Belfast and Lisburn areas, Co.Antrim, Co.Down and Co.Armagh.
My name is Kate Scott and I am a Specialist Private Speech and Language Therapist who is highly experienced in working with children who have Autism, Speech Sound Disorders, Language Delays / Disorders, Global Developmental Delays and Down’s Syndrome.
Services I offer:
Individual assessment, treatment and advice on children’s Speech and Language Development
Training, qualifications & experience
I qualified from the University of Ulster, Jordanstown and have gained many years experience working with children (0-10 years) in a variety of settings including Community Clinics, Hospitals, Schools, Child Development Clinics and in the home environment.
I am experienced in providing assessment, treatment and advice for a wide range of Speech, Language and Communication difficulties and currently work both Privately and in the NHS alongside Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists specialising in children with moderate to severe Speech and Language difficulties.
I offer Speech and Language assessment, treatment and advice to pre-school and school aged children (0 – 10 years old) with a range of communication difficulties to include
- Attention and listening difficulties
- Late Talkers
- Speech sound delays
- Delayed / disordered expressive language – difficulty forming sentences
- Delayed comprehension of language – difficulty following instructions
- Delayed vocabulary
- Delayed play skills
- Preschool – Stuttering / stammering / dysfluency
- Hearing loss
I specialise in the following areas
- Severe Learning Difficulties
- Special Educational Needs
- Eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties – Dysphagia
- Global Developmental Delay
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder ‘ASD’
- Down’s Syndrome
- Makaton Sign language
- PECS – Picture Exchange Communication System
My aim as a Speech and Language Therapist is to provide a specialist, evidence based service which supports both the family and the child, enabling them to reach their maximum potential.
I am a registered member of the following organisations:
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (MRCSLT)
- The Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP)
Initial Telephone Consultation - FREE
Initial Consultation and Assessment - £90
Therapy Sessions - £40 - £60
Maps & Directions