Park Farm Drive
01335 330843 / 07810 865716
I am a fully qualified Bowen therapist having studied and qualified with the European College of Bowen Studies, now known as the CBS. I hold clinics near Ashbourne Derbyshire and also at Choices Health Clinic Allestree & also in the Ripley area.
"Quite simply one of the most straight-forward and effective 'hands-on' therapies available"
The Bowen Technique aims to balance the whole person, not just the symptoms.
Common presentations include back and neck pain, knee problems, sports injuries and maintenance, RSI, frozen shoulders, tennis elbows and respiratory problems, hayfever, to name but a few.
Practically any problem can potentially be addressed and many people use the Bowen Technique as a means of stress management and health maintenance, seeing their therapist regularly 2-4 times a year.
The Bowen Technique is a gentle, subtle and relaxing hands on therapy using very gentle pressure.
It is not a form of massage and there is no manipulation or adjustment of hard tissue. It is safe for people of all ages - new born, children, adults..
Appointments take about 45 minutes and can be performed through light clothing.
There are a series of short breaks during the session allowing the body to respond to the gentle moves and making subtle and fine adjustments which re-balance, relieve tension and reduce pain.
Three or four treatments at weekly intervals are usually sufficient to achieve relief from even long standing pain. To receive maximum benefit it is recommended not to mix with other therapies such as massage, reflexology, physiotherapy etc for seven days before and after treatment.
How I found this amazing therapy:
"I was first introduced to Bowen when I my 17yr old son was involved in a serious car accident, he sustained multiple fractures and a serious head injury which left him ventilated in a critical condition. He endured several operations and is extremely lucky to be alive.
However, the injuries had left him with various physical imbalances and constant chronic pain, resulting in taking daily medication. The constant pain not only effected him physically but was having an extremeIy negative effect on his mental state, with depression, mood swings, frustration and angry outbursts.
In desperation I began to look for alternative therapies. I was recommended by several people to try a local NST Bowen therapist. This helped him tremendously during his rehabilitation both mentally and physically,
he completed his college studies and after a couple years working returned to complete a degree at university.
I also experienced the benefits of Bowen treatment for my own long term back pain, I was so amazed by the improvement I decided to train as a therapist.
I continue extend my knowledge by attending regular CPD and further development of my skills and career. Please visit my website for further information and testimonials from my clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Trained with the European College of Bowen Studies(Now CBS)
- Qualified ECBS Bowen Technique 2013
- Member of Federation of Holistic Therapists MFHT
- Trained Neuro Structural Integration (NST) Equine and Intro Human.
- Qualified Equine Practitioner 2012 CEP- NSThealth.com
- CPD: March 2015 - Assessment with Michael Morris (ECBS)
- CPD: May 2016 - Sports 1 with Michael Morris & Paula Esson
- St John's First Aid at Work - (30yrs)
Other available therapies
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Arm Pain
- Sports injury
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis Elbow
Photos & videos
- Initial Assessment/consultation £40 Approx 1 hour
- Adult Bowen Session - £35 Approx 45 mins
- Student Card Discount - £25
- Children - must be accompanied by a parent £25
- Babies - £10
- I am a qualified riding instructor (BHSAI) and have a lifetimes experience of producing horses for competition.
- Understanding the importance for both horse and rider to be in complete balance, I chose to also train in Equine Neuro Structural Integration with NSTHealth.com.
- I cover Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Staffordshire when treating horses and their riders.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm 1 Evening per week 4 - 8pm Saturday 9 -12noon Ashbourne Saturday 1pm -4pm (Allestree)